Turns out, both sides are correct. Listen to the clip below and tell us if you hear the word "Yanny" (not a word) or "Laurel".
Apparently, playing with the bass levels can help you hear both pronunciations.
Boston Dynamics will start to sell robots-dogs
After almost three decades, Boston Dynamics will finally begin selling its robots, beginning with none other than the SpotMini. Atlas, for example, has the remarkable ability to perform a ideal backflip, though it's not always so steady on its feet.
Whether or not our ear canals or our brains are to blame, it's clear that, with one word, a bot has once again flamed internet users' tribal instincts.
Depending on a number of factors - including the sound settings on your computer, and maybe more crucially, your age - you might hear one or the other.
Girl bit by bear gets dozens of internal, external stiches
A mother scared away a black bear which attacked her five-year-old daughter outside their home in Colorado, officials have said. The attack happened early Sunday near Grand Junction, about 240 miles (386 kilometers) west of Denver.
A very helpful Twitter user adjusted the pitch of the recording to show this. The two younger members of Select All heard "Yanny", while the older two heard "Laurel". Well buckle up, folks, because there's a new viral sensation causing divisions in offices and group texts everywhere: an audio clip of a computerized voice saying a word.
Alan Shearer reacts to Mike Ashley's end of season statement at Newcastle
"You need to be sure you have competition, and enough levels within the squad to make sure you can approach any game thinking you can win".
- Premier League 2017-18 season runs its course Sunday
- Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini named new Italy manager
- Billionaire's latest brush with trouble as £70m Picasso pulled from auction
- Arteta Emerges Favourite To Replace Wenger At Arsenal
- Jason Witten believes Dez Bryant will end up with Packers
- The 'Deadpool 2' Post-Credits Scene Gets Justice for Ryan Reynolds
- Russian Federation 2018: Rohr releases 30-man provisional list
- Facebook opens up about efforts to scrub offensive content
- Fans Attempt To Attack Pregnant Cardi B Outside Of Clothing Store
- BSF soldier killed in Pak firing