Lebanese actress Manal Issa raised a sign which said "stop the attack on Gaza" while walking the Cannes Film festival red carpet to draw attention to the Israeli army's killing of Palestinians on the Gaza border a day earlier.
The actress has been a regular on the famous red carpet for years now and is well aware of the long-running (if not ridiculous) rule about wearing heels for the event.
Broward Deputy Scot Peterson Gets $8k A Month From Pension
Scot Peterson resigned and retired from his post as a resource officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on February 22. The Sun-Sentinel reports Peterson, 55, began receiving his cushy pension last month after earning $101,879.03 in 2017.
In 2015, the festival faced a huge backlash after it was revealed that a group of women had been turned away from a screening of the film Carol for opting to don flat shoes.
This year's Cannes Film Festival has already been one of the most political in several years, with female stars protesting against industry sexism, several directors barred from attending and bans hanging over some movies.
Microsoft plans lower-cost Surface tablets to battle Apple
Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT ) plans to release a low-priced line of tablets to rival Apple's iPad, according to Bloomberg . Bloomberg's report claims a new 10-inch Surface will be powered by Intel instead.
The festival has earlier received flak for their strict dress code that frowns upon women who refrain from donning sky-high heels. Although, she struggled to walk in the lavish dress and got her heel caught on the trail.
Kristen Stewart told the Hollywood Reporter previous year:"If you're not asking guys to wear heels and a dress, you can not ask me either". She went on to say, "Things have to change immediately". You can not come in.' Then (I'm going to say), 'Neither is my friend. "It can work both ways". It's just like you simply can not ask me to do something that you are not asking him.
Cannes 2018: Sonam Kapoor vows the red carpet
Sonam Kapoor is making heads turn with her impeccable style statement at the Cannes Film Festival 2018. She completed this look with her hair loosely tied in a braid that was accesorised with "parandi".
Stewart-who is now a jury member for the prestigious film festival-previously discussed the dress code during an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in 2017. "I understand the whole theme with black ties, but we need to allow women to walk without heels". "If you're not asking guys to wear heels and a dress, you can not ask me either".
- Metro Exodus Delayed Until Q1 2019; New Gameplay Coming at E3
- Russian Federation sends notes of protest to Ukraine over situation with journalists
- Lavrov calls situation on Iran deal a 'crisis'
- Help Us Travel to Cover North Carolina's Teachers' Walkout on May 16th
- Nikki Bella Reacts To John Cena's Emotional "Today Show" Interview From Yesterday
- Scientists Claim Multiverse May Sustain Life
- Sam Allardyce sacked as Everton manager after six months in charge
- Google probed in Australia for allegedly tracking phone users at their expense
- Sony Discontinuing PlayStation Vita Cartridges
- Stan Lee levies one billion dollar lawsuit against POW! Entertainment