The phone is called Exodus and it's being imaged as a phone that gives users the agency to "take back the internet", telling social media sites to "let my data go" and leaving individuals' information in literally their own hands, not in the centralized servers of Facebook and Google.
In addition to actually developing the physical device, HTC is also working on a proprietary blockchain network that will leverage its Exodus devices as individual nodes. If that doesn't get you Mr. Robot fanboys going, I don't know what will.
Researchers Reveal Anne Frank's 'Dirty' Jokes In Hidden Diary Pages
The house where the Franks hid was turned into a museum that is one of Amsterdam's most popular tourist attractions. In 1944, the Frank family was discovered, arrested and sent to separate concentration camps.
An Android phone, based on the blockchain, is being developed by HTC.
Exodus is expected in October. Chen, who now holds the title of "chief decentralized officer", will head all of the firm's cryptocurrency and blockchain-related initiatives.
We've already seen a couple of early adopters: the Sugar S11 Blockchain Creation Edition in January, and the Sirin Finney earlier this month. HTC's goal is to build a device that will empower users to own their own identity and data, and keep it on their phones rather than in the cloud.
HTC, however, isn't the first to come out with a Blockchain-powered phone.
Wife of PGA golfer Lucas Glover arrested on domestic violence charges
Lucas released a statement on Twitter this morning explaining the situation and asked for the public to respect their privacy. Krista told police she had been attacked by Lucas' mother, but police reported no visible injuries.
Huawei is also reportedly considering the technology for one of its future devices.
You'll also be able to easily trade with peers on the phone's network - without any mining fees.
Of course, as TNW points out, these types of features can already be installed on basically any smartphone already on the market. Even with rapidly increasing awareness and interest in the cryptocurrency space, however, it's hard to imagine Exodus making much of a splash.
This Little Kid Just Peed All Over His Mum's Romantic Marriage Proposal
While a moment is being captured, making an unwanted presence felt in the frame is good fun. The video has attracted 56,000 views since it was posted to Facebook on Saturday.
- Yaya Toure bids farewell to Manchester City fans in video
- Markets Right Now: Stocks end mixed after early rally fades
- US Identifies Suspect in Leak of CIA Hacking Tools
- Aston Villa heading to Wembley after draw with Middlesbrough in Championship play-offs
- One Dead In Aliso Viejo Explosion
- Lawsuit says drug company trivialized addiction risk
- Meghan Markle's Father Will No Longer Attend The Royal Wedding
- 23 missing as boat capsizes in Godavari river in Andhra Pradesh
- 'Laurel' or 'yanny'?: Viral 4-second audio clip is dividing the internet
- Paul Manafort just got very bad news from a federal court