A mother scared away a black bear which attacked her five-year-old daughter outside their home in Colorado, officials have said.
The attack happened early Sunday near Grand Junction, about 240 miles (386 kilometers) west of Denver.
Then, the mother, who was not identified, saw her girl being dragged by the black bear. She told authorities that the bear dropped the girl after she yelled at it.
BSF soldier killed in Pak firing
Tuesday's ceasefire violation disrupted the peace that the residents of border villages had been experiencing. The constable Devendra Singh succumbed to the injuries which he received during the ceasefire violation.
CPW officers tracked the bear with the help of federal wildlife services overnight.
She was listed in fair condition in the afternoon but chief operating officer Bryan Johnson says her family didn't want to release any more information. "One of the things we want to do is go to the family and tell them we killed the right bear, and we're glad to hear that she will make a full recovery", Porras said. "Based on bear behavior, it's possible this bear will come back to the area".
"Residents are asked to secure trash, keep pet food inside and immediately report any bear sightings in this neighborhood, or any residential area", the agency said in a statement.
Chuck Liddell returning from retirement, says he'd like to fight Jon Jones
The chances of Chuck Liddell and Jon Jones fighting at this juncture, in a sanctioned bout anyways, are slim to none. And if they don't, athletic commissions all across the country need to refuse to clear Liddell for a fight.
Breaux said the bear bit the girl multiple times on her backside. Officers killed the bear before it entered the trap. According to local NBC-affiliate KKCO, the victim's father, Duane Cyr, said that Kimberly Cyr, the girl attacked by the bear, will be fine.
The bear had yet to be captured as of Sunday night.
State officials have seen an increase in bear conflicts over the years as more people continue moving to Colorado and push farther into bear country.
ESPN and Netflix Partner on Michael Jordan Doc Series 'The Last Dance'
According to The Athletic's Richard Deitsch , Jordan approved the project and is taking part in the documentary. It is expected to pull from 500 hour of never-before-seen-footage from the 1997-98 championship season.
- Cambodia PM Hopes Trump Meeting Can Bring Peace to Korean Peninsula
- Pope says he has considered when it might be time to resign
- Child safe, mom arrested in Tulsa stabbing case
- Arsenal players 'shocked and upset' at surprise staff change
- Kvitova wins Madrid Open for third time
- Mark Zuckerberg Will Not Testify in UK Parliament Despite Arrest Threats
- Twitter to demote tweets as it fights trolls
- Wisconsin senior prank so good even police give it respect
- 'Take cover NOW' Tornado WARNING issued for 'Washington DC', USA
- Russian Federation take Romania's place in Ireland's Rugby World Cup pool after investigation