Senator Chuck Schumer, Reid's successor as Senate Democratic leader, said in a Twitter post: "Spoken to family and it seems @SenatorReid's operation went well". John McCain, who has been undergoing treatment for brain cancer, tweeted a statement wishing Reid well "from one cantankerous senator to another".
Reid underwent the surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore to remove a tumor from his pancreas, which was spotted during a routine screening, according to a statement released by his family.
WhatsApp Revamps Group Chats With New Tools
You'll now be able to find anyone in a group (especially in those large groups) by searching for them on the group info page. Admin controls: WhatsApp has been rumoured to be working on admin controls for improving Groups experience for a long time.
He was diagnosed with glioblastoma last July.
Nevada's longest-serving senator helped propel the passage of President Barack Obama's signature health care law, blocked the development of a nuclear waste dump in Nevada and built a well-organized Democratic machine in the state.
The 'Deadpool 2' Post-Credits Scene Gets Justice for Ryan Reynolds
Deadpool 2 now has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 82%, which is slightly worse than the first movie's 83% score. Meanwhile, Deadpool is "accidentally" giving us a quick glimpse of his unicorn-based masturbatory habits.
Democratic Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto of Nevada, who was recruited by Reid to replace him, wished him a speedy recovery.
Reid, 78, has spent most of his time in retirement in Las Vegas and has traveled to Washington just a handful of times, according to a person familiar with his travels. "He'll beat cancer too", she said in a statement.
Ariana Grande and Jimmy Fallon perform with Nintendo accessories
To promote her music, Grande performed her single " No Tears Left to Cry " with Fallon and The Roots . We met with Nintendo and they showed us a bunch of cool cardboard things that you can make.
House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) tweeted, "Harry Reid has never been one to shy from a fight, and this is surely no different". "Harry is a fighter - literally and figuratively - I know he is going to approach his recovery with the same energy and tenacity and resolve that defined his public life".
- Premier League 2017-18 season runs its course Sunday
- BSF soldier killed in Pak firing
- Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini named new Italy manager
- Chuck Liddell returning from retirement, says he'd like to fight Jon Jones
- Ireland Exit Under-17 European Championships In Controversial Shootout
- Arteta Emerges Favourite To Replace Wenger At Arsenal
- Alan Shearer reacts to Mike Ashley's end of season statement at Newcastle
- Fans Attempt To Attack Pregnant Cardi B Outside Of Clothing Store
- Scottish Parliament REJECTS crucial Brexit legislation sparking fears of a constitutional crisis
- Boston Dynamics will start to sell robots-dogs