Survelliance footage shows Williams walking out of the Cumberland Farms early Wednesday..
Police are still searching for Williams, calling the Madison man armed and risky.
"This is a very sad day for the Somerset County Sheriff's office, the citizens of this county, and people of the state of Maine", Lancaster said. Eugene Cole was shot and killed in Norridgewock between the hours of 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. Wednesday morning. That cruiser was later found abandoned and a manhunt is underway for a Madison man. They say he is 5-foot-6, 120 pounds with blue eyes and brown hair worn in a ponytail.
Fleetwood Mac playing Philly in 2019
The rest of the band's "Rumours"-era lineup of Fleetwood Mac - Nicks, John McVie and Christine McVie - remains in the band". In Buckingham's place will be Neil Finn of Crowded House and Mike Campbell of Tom Petty's Heartbreakers .
He then hopped in the slain lawman's marked police vehicle, drove to a Cumberland Farms in Norridgewock and robbed the gas station.
No details were immediately provided as to when Cole was shot and killed, or how Williams stole his police cruiser. The search also involves air support.
A national manhunt is now underway for the suspect, with the combined assets of Somerset County Sheriff's Office along with the ME state police, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the U.S. Marshals Service, in addition to various local police departments.
Body of Italian-Pakistani woman killed over 'honour' to be exhumed today
Sana was reportedly killed by her father Ghulam Mustafa, uncle Mazhar Iqbal and brother Adnan Mustafa in the name of "honour". The Gujrat police will dig out the body of the 26-year-old Pakistani-Italian woman, Sana Mustafa Cheema, today (Wednesday).
"Many times we're able to say that there is not an ongoing threat, but that's not the case today", said State Police Lt. Col. John Cote.
Cops say they found the police vehicle at about 5 a.m.in Norridgewock, which is located in central ME, and that the suspect fled the area on foot. Multiple units were on the scene where Cole was killed Wednesday morning, spurring several schools in Oakland, Waterville, Winslow and Norridgewock to go into lockdown, media outlets reported.
It's believed to be the first killing of a law enforcement officer in ME in almost 30 years.
At least 16 people killed in attack on Nigerian church
Over 100 people have been killed by Fulani herdsmen since the beginning of the year. President Muhammadu Buhari condemned the killings.
Watch bangordailynews.com for updates.
- Kuwait orders Philippines' envoy to leave, recalls own ambassador from Manila
- 'The Walking Dead': Lauren Cohan Confirms She Is Returning for Season 9
- Not even the Jets can screw up this NFL Draft | Politi
- Iron Spider Suit Swings Into New Spider-Man Game Promo
- Samsung Launches 970 PRO and 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSDs
- Scarlett Johansson Can't Un-See This Picture of Her Boyfriend
- Parnassus Investments CA Cuts Holdings in Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL)
- Toronto police officer hailed as hero for arresting suspect without firing shot
- Police investigating David Irving after allegations made by his girlfriend
- Lexus ES revealed as driver-focused GS replacement