The technical glitch hit about half of Woolworths' 995 Australian stores and attached BWS liquor outlets for about 30 minutes on Monday afternoon.
Customers were asked to leave many stores after the registers failed to function.
The supermarket giant has not yet revealed the cause of the outage.
The supermarket's social media team responded to the complaints on Twitter by saying IT issues occurred.
Blue Jays brag about having a roof, which immediately fails them
Tarps were spread out along the artificial turf in right field and a hole could be seen in the roof at the downtown stadium. The Kansas City Royals had their last two Sunday home games at Kauffman Stadium postponed due to frigid temps.
By 5pm, Woolworths tweeted that all registers were back online and apologised for the outage.
"We apologise for the inconvenience this caused our customers", the spokesperson said. "Thanks", the reply to many reads.
Trolleys abandoned at the Caneland Woolworths registers.
"They've told everyone just to leave their food and leave the store".
TV presenter Ant McPartlin fined £86k after pleading guilty to drink driving
He added that he was thankful "no-one had been hurt" in the three-car crash, which occurred in Richmond, London, on 18th March. He knows it is right that he's here and he hopes that which has led him here will eventually help him.
Registers have shut down with stores unable to make sales.
Frustrated customers couldn't pay for their goods because registers at Woolies stores shut down shortly after 4pm yesterday.
The ABC reached out to Woolworths for comment.
Michael Cohen Is on a One-Way Train to Screwsville
Cohen said he paid Daniels $130,000 in exchange for her silence about her claim to have had a one-night-stand with Trump. Lawyers for Cohen said investigators "took everything" during raids last week on his residence and office.
- Tulsa Teens Arrested After Police Chase
- Kendrick Lamar Makes History With Pulitzer Prize Win for DAMN
- T20 2018: Hyderabad restrict hosts Kolkata to 138-8
- MA Reduces Stake in Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
- I tried to ask Comey 'the most critical questions — George Stephanopoulos
- Geingob bids Winnie Mandela farewell
- Russia Not To Delay Response Against US Sanctions: Deputy FM
- Hardee's, hot dogs and Hooters: The best Tax Day food freebies
- Netflix up on inline earnings, expanded subscriber base
- Hundreds rally in Damascus in support of Assad's army