Syrian air defenses respond to a missile attack on the Shayrat airbase in the central province of Homs and shoot the missiles down, says Syrian media.
Syrian state television reported early on Tuesday that missile strikes have targeted two new airfields in Syria, one near Homs and the other near the capital Damascus, while the US-led coalition denied carrying out those activities.
The US Department of Defense said there was "no USA military activity in that area at this time".
Govt blames Russian Federation for cyberattacks on 400 Australian businesses
The government's capture of Douma, the last town held by the rebels in Eastern Ghouta, marked a major victory for Mr Al Assad. The Russian leader warned against "ill-considered and unsafe actions. that would have consequences beyond conjecture".
The news agency did not give further details and it was unclear who was behind the attack, which Syrian state television branded as an "aggression".
"There is no United States military activity in that area at this time", a Pentagon spokesman, Eric Pahon, said.
Macron met earlier with representatives of the aid groups who spelled out the humanitarian needs of a population that has endured seven years of war.
After 18 years, China has opened its markets to Irish beef
According to Bord Bia, China officially imported more than 700,000 tonnes of beef in 2017 - a figure expected to double by 2020. In 2000 China, along with the U.S. , banned imports of beef from the European Union because of mad cow disease.
A Hezbollah milita media unit shortly afterward stated that Syrian air defenses intercepted three missiles that targeted the Dumayr airport in northeast Damascus.
The report comes a few days after the U.S., Britain, and France conducted airstrikes targeting alleged chemical weapons facilities in Syria. Syria and its main allies Iran and Russian Federation blamed Israel for that attack.
Israel has struck Syrian army locations many times in the course of the conflict, hitting convoys and bases of Iranian-backed militias that fight alongside Syrian President Bashar al Assad's forces.
Domino's expands delivery to the outdoors
Gmt Capital Corp decreased Iac Interactivecorp (NASDAQ:IACI) stake by 15,600 shares to 298,200 valued at $36.46 million in 2017Q4. Media coverage about Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ ) has been trending somewhat positive recently, Accern Sentiment reports.
- Weapons inspectors 'barred entry to Douma'
- Shire highlights value as it offloads oncology business
- Actor Harry Anderson found dead in North Carolina home, police say
- MA Reduces Stake in Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
- National Guard Colonel denies rejecting plan to send troops to border
- United States recklessness in Syria
- Hardee's, hot dogs and Hooters: The best Tax Day food freebies
- Newcastle United beat Arsenal 2-1, virtually assures EPL status
- Best-selling iOS game Fortnite adds 'cinematic' instant replay, instant forts and more
- WARS: Ian Somerhalder Signs Onto Supernatural Netflix Series