"This morning at 6:41 a.m. the Asheville Police Department responded to the home of actor Harry Anderson where he was found deceased", Asheville PD's Public Affairs officer Christina Hallingse The Hollywood Reporter.
Hallingse said foul play is not suspected.
His time on Cheers eventually led Anderson to his most recognizable role, starring as Judge Harry Stone on Night Court beginning in 1984.
Sacked FBI boss lays into Trump in TV interview
In an explosive TV interview ahead of the release of his book, Mr Comey offered his version of events surrounding his sacking last May and the investigations into Russian election meddling.
Anderson began his career with small roles on "Tales from the Darkside" and "The Dark Side" before breaking out on "Saturday Night Live" in the early 1980s.
Here is how fans remembered Anderson's life and work. "We miss you already", said actress and "Night Court" co-star Marsha Warfield.
He is survived by his wife, Elizabeth Morgan, and he had two children from a previous marriage, according to IMDB.
Man charged with rape, sexual assault in Ambler
It is hoped that once survivors tell their story to one of the community partners, they will be more confident to tell police. Third-party reporting won't replace traditional reporting, but will be treated for informational purposes only.
Night Court's Masha Warfield shared an old cast photo on Instagram.
In addition to his role on the NBC sitcom, Anderson also appeared on Cheers, starred as humorist Dave Barry on the 1990s show Dave's World and played Richie Tozier in the 1990 miniseries adaptation of Stephen King's It. "Rest in peace, Harry. I tip my hat to you, my friend", she wrote in the caption. This is a tremendously sad end for an actor who has been known very much over the years for his ability to make viewers laugh. It was a dream come true.
Neil Patrick Harris revealed that he recently bought magic memorabilia from Anderson, including a phone booth with the actor's name on it.
National Weather Service in Columbia Confirms Tornado Touchdown
But the confirmation of whether it was an actual tornado will come Monday when teams are able to look at the damage on the ground. The line of storms did cause minor damage across the Lowcountry and knocked out power to as many as 4,500 earlier in the day.
- MA Reduces Stake in Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
- EPA broke spending law on Pruitt phone booth: government watchdog
- Freaky penalty helps Mainz past relegation rivals Freiburg
- Mourinho slams United as they hand title to City
- WARS: Ian Somerhalder Signs Onto Supernatural Netflix Series
- Syrian air defence shoots down missiles over Homs: state media
- Light Winds with Cool Temperatures for Monday
- Hardee's, hot dogs and Hooters: The best Tax Day food freebies
- Competitive Gamer Billy Mitchell Responds To His High Scores Getting Removed
- IEBC Scatter as Three Commissioners Resign at Once