Togadia, who has been with the VHP for over three decades and served as its global working president since December 2011, announced quitting the outfit in a press conference after his nominee to the post of worldwide president of the VHP was defeated in voting. The newly-elected President of VHP has nominated Alok Kumar as the replacement of Togadia.
"I got disenchanted with this government in the last four years".
Strikes hit Syria as country had 'chance for peaceful future': Moscow
The Russian defence ministry and the Kremlin have yet to make any comment on the strikes announced by US President Donald Trump.
Togadia said his indefinite hunger strike would be aimed at the welfare of Hindus and to seek construction of Ram Janmbhoomi Temple at Ayodhya, nation-wide ban on cow slaughter, enforcement of the common civil code and relocation of displaced Kashmiri Hindus, he said. Grand temple of Ram will be built at his birthplace.
Hardline Hindutva supporter Praveen Togadia has resigned from the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and is reported to be planning the launch of his own organisation that supposedly will work for the welfare of the Hindus.
John Cena and Nikki Bella announce SHOCK breakup after WrestleMania
According to Us Weekly , John Cena and Nikki Bella have broken up after dating since 2012. We have our problems just like everybody else.
"This blatant anti-Narendra Modi and anti-BJP stance is not the style of the sangh now".
Togadia, who has made a decision to undertake an indefinite fast from Tuesday, said his "disenchantment" with Prime Minister Narendra Modi began right after the 2002 post-Godhra riots. A few months ago, he dramatically disappeared from his office at the VHP office in Ahmedabad despite "Z" category security after a team of the Rajasthan police came to serve him a warrant in an old case.
#blackout Bevin: Governor's words prompting another teacher protest
Bevin insinuating that a peaceful protest by teachers would lead to sexual assault are reprehensible". Bevin on Sunday in a social media post on Facebook apologized if his comments hurt anyone.
"Finally and inevitably, the balance went in favour of Prime Minister Modi and it was decided that an attempt to recapture the VHP would be attempted", said a senior source.
- Saudi to pressure rival Iran
- A Bushfire Still Burning in Sydney's West is Being Treated as Suspicious
- Spurs' Harry Kane can't make Golden Boot his main focus - Dele Alli
- Clair House Fire Deemed Accidental; No Injuries Reported
- After BJP, Congress faces music over Kathua incident
- Star Trek, Stewart, have their moment in Brexit debate
- Brighton boss Hughton frustrated with Crystal Palace defeat: 2 equalising chances
- Team Kenya finishes 14th overall at Commonwealth games
- Manchester City win the title: How pundits, managers, players reacted
- Ohtani hits 3-run triple in Angels' win over Royals