Bands of showers and thunderstorms could produce 1 to 3 inches of rain, with locally higher totals along the eastern slopes of the Blue Ridge.
A strong cold front will push through the area today, with storms expected to develop along and ahead of the front, according to an alert from the National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg.
Military strike in Syria 'perfect'
Syria media reported that several of these strikes were intercepted, but Pentagon spokesperson Dana White dismissed these claims. Later Sunday, Trump sent a letter to congressional leaders informing them in writing of his decision to order the strike.
The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for Ulster County that is in effect until 8:30 p.m. Heaviest rainfall is expected on Sunday evening.* Flash flooding of small streams may result.
Jefferson and Blount counties, along with much of west-central Alabama, are under a tornado and flood watch. Flood waters will also threaten some homes and businesses.
Colon loses ideal game in eighth inning
Opposing fans in Houston gave Colon a standing ovation, and he clapped his bare hand softly against the outside of his glove. With AP Photos.Bartolo Colon is pitching a ideal game through six innings for the Texas Rangers against the Houston Astros.
The public is advised to stay out of flood waters and storm water runoff due to possible overflowing cesspools, sewer, manholes, pesticides, animal fecal matter, dead animals, pathogens, chemicals, and associated flood debris. Meteorologists say those temperatures will slowly fall off this afternoon, and drop all the way into the low to mid 30s tonight for the Lehigh Valley and points north.
A lot of rain is falling in a short amount of time, causing flooding, traffic, and accidents on the road. It will be chilly Monday and Tuesday until a warm front moves in on Wednesday.
Shark attack closes Margaret River pro surfing event
The contest was initially put on hold with organisers saying the "safety of our surfers and staff is a top priority". A professional surfing event off Western Australia was briefly suspended Monday after a shark attack nearby.
- Zuckerberg Admits Facebook Collects Data on Non-Users
- WhatsApp will let users re-download deleted images, videos on Android
- Shire (LON:SHP) Receives "Buy" Rating from Jefferies Group
- Russian officials say Assad upbeat after strikes
- Govt will build 1.5 lakh Health & Welfare Centres across districts: PM Modi
- Justin Bieber Punches Man Who Was Choking a Woman at Coachella Party
- After BJP, Congress faces music over Kathua incident
- Salah hits 40 goal mark as Liverpool beat Bournemouth in Premier League
- ALERT: Winter Weather Advisory for ALL of CNY
- Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves - 4/15/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction