Despite taking the crown, Rampage is coming in on the low end of industry projections, which had it pegged in the $35 million-$40 million range. But again, with a massive budget like that, Rampage needs a good showing overseas to make a profit, and it's doing just that, eyeing a $50 million opening in China in addition to performing well in other overseas markets. The movie had a reported budget of $120 million, so it's already doing well, it seems. Rampage had been slotted to open on April 20, but moved up its release when Infinity War relocated.
Ready Player One, which gave up Imax screens to Rampage, fell 54 percent over the weekend to $11.2 million for a domestic tally of $114.6 million. The plot follows a primatologist named Davis Okoye who must team up with George, an extraordinarily intelligent gorilla who turns into a raging creature of enormous size following a rogue experiment, in order to stop an invasion of monsters. The film has been received poorly with a B- CinemaScore grade and a 15 percent RT score.
Kim Kardashian Reacts To Khloe Kardashian's New Baby Following Scandal
I reposted a picture on Instagram that a fan had already posted - I only added a filter to it... The mother-of-three pans around to show some of her friends before explaining a new concern.
"A Quiet Place", in its second week, took in a healthy US$32.6 million, buoyed by rave reviews.
While "A Quiet Place" won't repeat as No. 1, Paramount still has a lot to celebrate with director-star John Krasinski's hit film.
Chemical watchdog OPCW begins inspection in Syria following strikes
The narrowly targeted pre-dawn military operation on Saturday took aim at three alleged chemical weapons facilities. Disputing the Russian military's contention that Syrian air defense units downed 71 allied missiles, Marine Lt.
Also scaring up ticket sales this weekend is Universal and Blumhouse's Truth or Dare, which will gross about $19.1 million from 3,029 North American figures.
The supernatural horror film, directed by Jeff Wadlow and starring Lucy Hale, Violett Beane and Sophia Ali. Universal's R-rated comedy Blockers rounded out the top five with $10.3 million for a tepid 10-day domestic cume of $36.9 million.
Shania Twain's Coachella Photo has Us Doing a Double-Take
In an interview with Zane Lowe on his Beats 1 radio show on Thursday, Nicki said that this interview had rubbed her the wrong way. What kind of secrets did she whisper in Nicki's ear? Aside from the interview, Minaj also turned to Twitter to state her point.
- Syria's Assad in a 'good mood,' scorns United States weaponry after airstrikes
- NBA Playoffs recap: Indiana Pacers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers, Game 1 Betting Odds
- Kim Jong-un meets top Chinese official, calls for strengthening ties
- In 'A Higher Loyalty,' James Comey Describes An 'Unethical, And Untethered' President
- NJ woman fatally stabs wife, injures husband in apartment attack
- DI softball: Green Wave fall to Alvirne
- Girl, 11, invited to royal wedding for fundraising in brother's memory
- Carrie Underwood Shares First Up-Close Face Photo Since Accident
- Britain denies Russian claims that it staged Syria chemical attack
- Wet weather returns late Sunday