The bust in Santee Alley netted makeup similar to such popular brands as Urban Decay, NARS, MAC, Kylie Cosmetics by Kylie Jenner, and others. The investigation was initiated after customers called the actual cosmetic companies with complaints about rashes and bumps caused by the products.
Police in Los Angeles have confiscated around £500,000 worth of counterfeit make-up that was found to contain traces of unsafe bacteria, animal faeces, and - most worryingly - human urine and faeces.
"The best price is not always the best deal!" police tweeted.
The Weeknd Gets Cozy with Justin Bieber's Ex Chantel Jeffries
The witness noted they "were canoodling and being affectionate as she sat on his lap" claiming "they are 100% back together". Another source reported that the exes: "kissed a couple of times", and were "completely all over each other ".
In a tweet, LAPD Captain Marc Reina said that some of the makeup was found to contain bacteria and human waste.
The packaging of the bogus products looks like the real deal, but the prices are way too low.
Detective Rick Ishitani told ABC7: "They came back positive with a high level of bacteria and animal faeces".
HBO's John Oliver Says GOP 'Absolutely Blew It' on Corporate Tax Reform
Come on: Are you not entertained? As has been previously reported , Alaska is home to over 50% of the country's final Blockbuster stores.
Six people were arrested Thursday and are expected to be charged with trademark violations of major brands.
"If you're getting something that's 50 percent off, 75 percent off - it tells you that it's bad", Ishitani told KABC. The complaints prompted the Anti-Piracy Unit to conduct undercover buys to test the products.
Because these products are often being formulated in unsanitary and unregulated environments (like people's bathrooms or garages) they can get contaminated easily. All of those who complained said that they had bought their products in the LA fashion district.
Comey's disdain for Trump has the simplest of explanations: Morality
I think you've sacrificed as much as you really can of yourself for the country". On Wednesday, he participates in a drum circle with the ladies of The View.
The UK beauty industry is worth £4 billion and it is thought that social media has played a big part in the growth.
- Turkey does not stand by any country on Syria: Deputy PM
- OnePlus 6 Camera Samples Tease Dual Camera Performance
- Rare win for China's LGBT community after censorship U-turn by Sina Weibo
- Karnataka Election 2018: BJP publishes its second list
- Shenmue 1 and 2 are heading to PC and consoles this year
- James Harrison announces 'final retirement' with Instagram post of kids' photos
- Armenians protest ex-leader's move to stay in power
- Released code name Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Mark Sanchez suspended for four games after PED violation
- Auto rebound gives U.S. retail a bounce in March