Texas Rangers starting pitcher Bartolo Colon may have failed in his no-hit bid Sunday night against the Houston Astros, but he made history nonetheless. With AP Photos.Bartolo Colon is pitching a ideal game through six innings for the Texas Rangers against the Houston Astros.
Colon, 44, would have become the oldest Major League Baseball pitcher to throw a no-hitter.
Opposing fans in Houston gave Colon a standing ovation, and he clapped his bare hand softly against the outside of his glove. The Rangers would go on to beat the Astros, 3-1, in 10 innings.
Shark attack closes Margaret River pro surfing event
The contest was initially put on hold with organisers saying the "safety of our surfers and staff is a top priority". A professional surfing event off Western Australia was briefly suspended Monday after a shark attack nearby.
Bartolo Colon almost recorded a ideal game Sunday. Reddick then lined an 0-2 delivery down the right-field line, putting runners at second and third.
The beefy Colon - he has added about 100 pounds since his rookie season - struck out seven.
Two outs later, Colon was pulled with the score tied at 1.
Five things we learned from the Premier League
For weeks it has been a case of when, rather than if, City win the title and it is nearly certain to happen within the next week. Speaking after the game, and quoted on the Sky Sports website , the Spurs boss said: "There's nothing to worry about".
In a true pitchers' duel, Astros ace Justin Verlander had allowed just one run off one hit with 11 strikeouts through eight innings.
Prior to Sunday, Colon's longest no-hit bid throughout his 21-year career came with the Indians on September 18, 2000, when he held the Yankees hitless for 7.1 innings.
Pravin Togadia quits VHP after his nominee loses election for president
The newly-elected President of VHP has nominated Alok Kumar as the replacement of Togadia. "I got disenchanted with this government in the last four years".
- Lee Ermey from 'Full Metal Jacket' Dies at 74
- Russian officials say Assad upbeat after strikes
- Mother Charged After Toddler Tested Positive For Marijuana, Methamphetamine
- #blackout Bevin: Governor's words prompting another teacher protest
- ALERT: Winter Weather Advisory for ALL of CNY
- Team Kenya finishes 14th overall at Commonwealth games
- Govt will build 1.5 lakh Health & Welfare Centres across districts: PM Modi
- Salah hits 40 goal mark as Liverpool beat Bournemouth in Premier League
- Strikes hit Syria as country had 'chance for peaceful future': Moscow
- Justin Bieber Punches Man Who Was Choking a Woman at Coachella Party