Liverpool produced another masterclass of attacking football as they defeated Bournemouth 3-0 at Anfield in the Premier League on Saturday evening. After his initial header was kept out by Asmir Begovic following a lovely cross from Jordan Henderson, Mane smashed home the rebound for the Reds to take a deserved lead.
Sadio Mane opened the scoring in a dominant first half, before goals from the other bad twosome, Salah and Firmino, made sure of the victory in the second half.
Liverpool remain third on 70 points, just one point behind second-placed Manchester United in the league table.
Warriors expected to start JaVale McGee in Game 1
As it stands Lakers and Warriors have so far played nine matches each with the former having seven wins while Warriors have six. Double teams flew toward Aldridge in the post, and Golden State's defense rotated on a string to stifle any ball movement.
Mohamed Salah scored his 40th goal of the season.
During a dominant first half, Liverpool created 10 goalscoring opportunities to Bournemouth's one, and by full-time Liverpool had made 618 passes to the visitors' 375.
Liverpool had a penalty appeal on 66 minutes after what looked like a foul by Nathan Ake on Salah but nothing was given.
"The front three (Salah, Mane, Firmino) are outstanding players with mobility and pace, but the midfield three did really well as well". And neither of his predecessors achieved that mark in as few as the 45 games it has taken Salah to do so. "That's really good but we have to carry on, there are a few games to come". "Before the game, [the boss] said we have to [show] our quality and be angry because every game is important".
De Lille to attend EFF's Madikizela-Mandela's service in Brandfort
This follows a petition by the DA requesting de Lille explain her reasons for attending the event. De Lille had a good relationship with [Madikizela-Mandela], and this is respected.
Virgil van Dijk narrowly cleared the crossbar with a drive from distance; however, chances were proving more hard to come by as Bournemouth regrouped. It gave us a mountain to climb.
"We wanted to stay in the game and have a go at them late in the match - at 2-0 that is a lot more hard".
Alexander-Arnold played the ball in behind the defence for the red-hot Egyptian who got on the end of the ball and looped his header over Begovic, to register his 30th Premier League goal of the season.
Sadio Mane was also on target for Liverpool against the Cherries as they moved to within two victories of guaranteeing a top-four finish and qualification for next season's Champions League.
Trump on Syria airstrikes: "Mission Accomplished!"
At the Security Council, UN chief Antonio Guterres warns the spiralling tensions could lead to a "full-blown military escalation". Officials from the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Qatar expressed support for the strikes on Syrian government targets .
- Sadio Mane is now the outright top scoring Senegalese player in Premier League history, scoring 44 goals in the competition and eclipsing Demba Ba (43). "Not long ago he needed a rest after a Premier League game".
- How to watch Beyonc- at Coachella
- Iranian drone was sent to Israel 'to attack'
- CWG 2018: Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu to clinch gold
- Jeremy Corbyn: UK of 'waiting for instructions' from Trump on Syria
- European leaders back Syria strikes, warn against escalation
- Theresa May 'no practicable alternative' to bombing Syria: Read her full statement
- Stormy Daniels may appear at hearing for Trump lawyer
- Wizards drop Game 1 to surging Ibaka and Raptors — Washington Wizards
- Pence praises Peru's stand on Venezuelan crisis
- Kilkenny People owner's horse pipped at the post in the Grand National