According to a police department release, officers responded to the school around 12:20 p.m.in reference to a social media post that referenced a possible school shooting.
Early Thursday, the school reported that police arrested a suspect and that the phone or device used with evidence had also been recovered.
Sheryl Sandberg supports walkout against gun violence, posts powerful message on Facebook
Aanon Chenez, 13, who attends Richard Montgomery High School, told Anadolu Agency she hopes politicians hear their voices. After the national school walkout turned chaotic in Antioch Wednesday, a group of students are making a stand for unity.
Mead police have charged a student in connection to a threat that was reported at Mead High School on Wednesday and prompted an increase in security and coordination with police.
"Some people were getting scared and some people were crying and others were panicking", said Pedro Nolasco, a student at Riverside High School.
West Ham given deadline to explain pitch invasion
West Ham have vowed to issue life bans to the fans who invaded the pitch during Saturday's 3-0 defeat by Burnley . David Moyes' West Ham United will face Southampton at the London Stadium in the Premier League later this month.
Goldman did not elaborate what the threat was, but said the student was removed from school and that a criminal investigation was started.
Police say 911 dispatchers received multiple calls on Wednesday night about a post on Twitter. With the help of Dollars 259, officers worked overnight to determine who made the post. Police said officers were posted throughout the school and by the exits so students could not leave the school during this time. We have involved WPD and are investigating. Police contacted district security and worked together to increase security at the school Thursday morning as a precaution.
Winn-Dixie is closing six stores in South Florida
The stores closing for good in Columbia include the Harveys located on Broad River Road, Decker Boulevard and North Main Street. Southeastern Grocers, LLC is parent company of BI-LO, Winn-Dixie, Fresco y Mas, and Harveys Supermarket .
Those two students were charged with disturbing school.
- Now Google Lens arrives on the iPhones and iPads
- This dunk seriously might be LeBron James' best of his entire career
- President Trump Picks Gina Haspel as First Female CIA Director
- UConn Is First Overall Seed In NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament
- Trump administration sanctions Russian spies, trolls over election interference, cyber attacks
- Daler Mehndi convicted in human trafficking case, gets 2-years in prison
- HC reserves order on Karti Chidambaram's bail plea
- Astronaut's DNA no longer matches his twin, NASA study finds
- United States says Russian Federation hacked energy grid, punishes 19 for election meddling
- Federal Bureau of Investigation and Homeland Security accuse Russian Federation of cyberattacks on USA infrastructure