Jerick McKinnon of the Minnesota Vikings runs the ball during the NFL International Series match between Minnesota Vikings and Cleveland Browns at Twickenham Stadium on October 29, 2017 in London, England.
A source said that running back Jerick McKinnnon, who spent the past four seasons with the Vikings, will sign a four-year, $30 million contract with the 49ers on Wednesday's first day of free agency.
One way for a player to maximize their value is to have a career year in the final year of their contract.
How to watch the 2018 NCAA women's basketball tournament on TV
Ohio State earned a No. 3 seed and will play host to No. 14 George Washington in the opening round Saturday, March 17, at 1:30 p.m.
In Minnesota, McKinnon was good but not great. He has rushed for 1,918 yards with an average of 4.0 yards per carry, has 142 catches for 984 yards, and has scored 12 touchdowns.
According to PlayerProfiler, McKinnon ranked 25th in evaded tackles (48), and 25th in yards created (269). With Dalvin Cook on injured reserve, McKinnon split the backfield duties with Latavius Murray.
In 2016 a different injury pushed McKinnon into the spotlight.
Man Who Drafted Trump's Wall Plan Charged With Mosque Bombing
An affidavit said the criminals broke a window in the Imam's office and threw a pipe bomb which exploded, causing a fire. Federal prosecutors say authorities have linked three Ford County men to a bombing last summer at a Minnesota mosque.
The following season Adrian Peterson returned from suspension and drew the lion's share of carries.
So the question is how Kyle Shanahan and the 49ers will view McKinnon this upcoming season. In terms of receiving, he had 43 receptions for 255 receiving yards. Still, he averaged 3.4 yards per carry.
Shurmur is obviously acutely aware of what McKinnon is capable of, after spending the last season as the Vikings' offensive coordinator. It's completely fair to say McKinnon is the best of that bunch, but questions linger as to whether he can handle a full workload week in and week out in the NFL.
Sessions mulling firing FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe before he retires
McCabe's retirement will take effect Sunday, but he stepped down in January almost two months before his scheduled departure. Sessions to either accept or reverse that decision".
32 bench press reps at the National Football League combine, the most of any current National Football League running back.
- Pi(e) Day deals on pizza and sweet treats
- Saudi Arabia Signals Commitment to Oil-Production Cuts
- Jhené Aiko and Big Sean deny that relationship is on the rocks
- Apple now allows accessory manufacturers to make 3.5mm-to-Lightning cables
- Taras Rad brings wins fourth gold medal for Ukraine at Winter Paralympics
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Will Be Revealed Tomorrow, Releases September 14
- Reserve officer accidentally fires gun at Calif. school
- Eagles players get sentimental on loss of 'true brother' Brent Celek
- France Threatens Apple, Google Over 'Abusive' Business Practice
- Nigeria's President Negotiating the Release Of 100 Abducted Schoolgirls