The Eagles have released veteran tight end Brent Celek after 11 seasons with the team, marking the end of what was the longest tenure of any active pro athlete in Philadelphia.
In the 2010 season, Celek's 65-yard TD play kick-started one of the most dramatic victories in club history, the 38-31 walk-off win over the Giants at the Meadowlands. He missed just one regular-season game during his time with the Eagles, and that was because he couldn't pass the concussion protocol on a short week in 2012.
With Donald Trump, things can always get worse
More concerning than the top-level changes, Williams said, are the large number of vacancies at lower levels of the bureaucracy. The views expressed in this article are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect Al Jazeera's editorial stance.
The Eagles shared a heartfelt message about Celek's departure, noting that "Brent Celek defines what it means to be a Philadelphia Eagle".
The Eagles save $4 million in cap space by releasing Celek. "Brent embodies the City of Philadelphia's temperament and character with his toughness and grit".
Jhené Aiko and Big Sean deny that relationship is on the rocks
Big Sean , whose past loves include former Glee star Naya Rivera and Ariana Grande , has been dating Aiko since 2016. Big Sean co-signed his girlfriend's message by quoting her tweet with several handclap emojis.
Though Johnson is not taking a pay cut, the new shape of his contract will help the defending Super Bowl champions gain flexibility as the offense rolls ahead. Unfortunately, in this business we are forced to make hard decisions, especially this time of the year.
Johnson, 27, signed a lucrative five-year extension after the 2015 season worth up to $63 million. After a long journey in an Eagles uniform, it was all capped off by a Super Bowl title, the first in franchise history. With Trey Burton expected to sign with the Bears, Zach Ertz is now the only tight end with National Football League experience on the Eagles' roster.
Tottenham striker Harry Kane expected back in training next month
And the Mirror are among several media sources reporting that Tottenham fear Kane will be ruled out until May at the earliest. The injury occurred after a collision with Bournemouth goalkeeper Asmir Begovic in the first half at Dean Court.
- VA's Shulkin Now In Trouble Over Shopping Binges
- Don't believe the hype about the coming solar storm
- UVA's De'Andre Hunter to miss NCAA Tournament with broken wrist
- Twitch Prime Subscribers Getting Free Monthly Games
- The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ microcomputer promises more speed
- Reserve officer accidentally fires gun at Calif. school
- Broadcom ends bid for rival Qualcomm after Trump intervention
- Aamir Khan SMOOCHES Kiran Rao and celebrates his birthday (see pics)
- Do Giants lead Saquon Barkley sweepstakes after Browns add Carlos Hyde?
- Bihar bypoll results 2018: RJD leading in Jehanabad,Araria; BJP ahead in Bhabua