It's the first time films by black directors with $100 million plus budgets have ever placed in the first two box office spots.
"Ava DuVernay is someone who makes the impossible look easy", he wrote.
He revealed that the two met five years ago in 2013.
Infamous Nintendo Switch Firmware 5.0.0 Is Out
EF Games will bring you more information on GameMaker Studio 2 Nintendo Switch edition and the games it powers as it is released. The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu.
The director recalled how DuVernay, a publicist-turned-director, was "already one of (his) heroes" before he met her.
Black Panther, however, has swiftly become the highest-grossing film of the year both in the USA and internationally, outstripping its nearest rival, Fifty Shades Freed, by a multiple of five. She makes the most distant dreams and ideas a reality.
Given that she already has an established relationship with Disney through A Wrinkle in Time, and gave advice to J.J. Abrams on Star Wars: The Force Awakens with regards to the climactic showdown between Rey and Kylo Ren, the filmmaker would seem to be a flawless fit for the galaxy far, far away.
Hillary Nearly Falls Down Stairs Twice In India
Former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton allegedly appeared to have trouble navigating a flight of stairs during her current trip to India.
"Ava is a pioneer", he wrote, noting that she took a book that many said was "unfilmable" and adapted it into a movie that "explodes with hope, with love and with women warriors".
The Disney film, directed by Ava DuVernay, boasts an incredible cast - including Oprah Winfrey and Reese Witherspoon - but a negative reception from critics risked denting its returns in cinemas.
Now it looks like the overall weekend will be a photo finish: Wrinkle In Time's estimates are at around $40 million - with Black Panther thought to be cruising towards $37 million.
South Africa level Test series with Australia as Kagiso Rabada takes six
De Villiers did not play Test cricket between January 2016 and December 2017, after he decided he needed time away from the game. The hearing spanned nearly an hour.
Coogler described A Wrinkle In Time as "a film about a little black girl with glasses - like my mom, like my wife, like my big sister Ava - who refuses to accept that her dad is lost". The main character in the film, Meg, uses her love, her hope and her kickass skills as a scientist to bring him back, and maybe she saves the universe along the way.
- Russian Athlete Rumyantseva Wins Gold in Ski Race at Paralympic Games
- National Football League free agency primer: Vikings' No. 2 need is offensive line
- ''Bookkeeper of Auschwitz'' Oskar Groening dies before starting sentence
- Afghanistan: on surprise visit, Mattis sees 'Taliban interest' in peace talks
- Assassin's Creed Origins The Curse of the Pharaohs DLC gets a trailer
- Desperate Mourinho wants Neymar in Man United
- Bears miss out on the NCAA Tournament, will play in the NIT
- Adrian Peterson: Says he's healthy
- Congress MLAs suspended from T-Assembly
- Trump halts Broadcoms' bid for Qualcomm claiming national security is at risk