In fact, in 2014, Google and the Pokémon Company (which Nintendo jointly owns) teamed up for an April Fools joke that put Pokémon all over the map.
"Mario Mode" changes Google Maps' blue navigation arrow to a "Mario Kart" character, in honour of Nintendo's iconic video game series.
Google Maps, meet Mario Kart.
MIT Researchers: 'Lies Spread Faster Than Truth'
The research project also discovered that humans, not bots, are primarily responsible for spreading misleading information. Platforms such as Twitter and Facebook are under big pressure to do more to stop the spread of fake news .
But lest you think this gives you permission to drive as Mario would in his Super Go Kart game, Google reminds people to drive safely. So wherever you go this week, he'll be with you and he'll even be cheering you on with some fist pumping as you drive wherever your destination may be.
All things considered, this isn't the first run through Google Maps has been updated to get highlighted with stunning characters. "Users would then need to click on the yellow "?" icon which is available in the bottom right corner of the Google Maps app for both Android and iOS versions. He'll be a constant companion wherever you're driving this week- to work, to school, or the curry house.
Google is also encouraging users to share their experience.
Don't believe Pennsylvania Democrat's not a puppet: Donald Trump
I know her weakness", he said. "He also credited South Korea for doing a" great job " with the recent 2018 Winter Olympics. Mr Trump vowed to fight any retaliatory trade measures by, for example, slapping taxes on imported European cars.
Ensure that you have the most recent form of Google Maps introduced on the off chance that you need to attempt this update today. The game's creators were Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka.
As a historical sidenote, Google and Nintendo have worked together before for these kinds of fun stunts. This won't last forever as Mario is only set to drive you around for a week.
Tomb Raider 1, 2 and 3 Getting FREE Remasters on Steam
The team has already finished the PC versions of Tomb Raider 1 and 2, and is now working on the remaster of Tomb Raider 3. Developer RealtechVR has taken care in the recent years of porting the old Tomb Raider games to mobile.
- George North takes centre stage on return as Wales thrash Italy
- Philippe Coutinho says Barcelona would welcome Neymar back with open arms
- Cameron Diaz Has Quit Acting at Age 45, According to Selma Blair
- Women's Cricket: Australia beat India by 8 wickets
- US House Democrats sign letter urging action against Russian Federation
- Neil Walker signing with Yankees, per reports
- Captan Marvel Is the First Superhero Nick Fury Meets in the MCU
- Trump, China, and Steel Tariffs: The Day the WTO Died
- Xbox One S and X Gaining AMD Radeon FreeSync Support
- INX Media case: CBI asks for 15 day custody for Karti Chidambaram