Oleg Maxwell Lagutenko, 25, is accused of crossing a median into oncoming traffic and hitting another vehicle.
One of those drivers can be seen wielding a sledgehammer, smashing the windows of the SUV.
In the video, the driver in a wrecked silver Infiniti SUV, tries to reverse from the scene of the crash.
Saudi royals tackling corruption, or just cashing in on foes?
Saudi officials have not-so-privately indicated that they hoped the company would be valued at some $2 trillion. Princes who led military forces and appeared in glossy magazines are monitored by guards they do not command.
In a video from the second crash scene, a man could be seen swinging a hammer at the windows of Lagutenko's SUV, breaking some of the glass.
A hit-and-run crash quickly turned chaotic Sunday morning when the driver tried to get away, only to be stopped by very good Samaritans - one of whom had a sledge hammer. He attempts to flee the scene of the crash several times but each attempt is blocked by witnesses in the area.
One man bangs on its windows, while another shakes his fists furiously and tries to open the car's locked door screaming 'Don't move'.
The driver was later taken into custody though, at which point a cop remarked that he looked "to be high on narcotics".
Afghanistan: on surprise visit, Mattis sees 'Taliban interest' in peace talks
Mattis said he had seen some positive indications from Islamabad, noting some Pakistani military operations along the border. These and other moves boosted the number of USA troops in Afghanistan by at least 3,500 to a total of more than 14,000.
"That is insane. You have a crash, you stop", witness Anthony Jimenez told WPLG-TV.
The arrest report added that Lagutenko failed to stop at the crash scene and continued traveling northbound in the southbound lanes along Biscayne Boulevard.
Lagutenko was charged with reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident causing property damage, and fleeing and eluding a police officer.
Police also used the incident - in regards to the person taking a hammer to the auto - not to take the law into their own hands.
Manchester United veteran midfielder Michael Carrick announces end of season retirement
For two or three days I was thinking am going to carry on playing is it worth it but that passed and I got fit. "I need to keep myself fit and ready".
- Man United vs Sevilla: how and where to watch
- CIA's Pompeo brings insider's touch to secretary of state role
- This employee's act of kindness holds a powerful HR lesson
- Explosion targets Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah as his convoy enters Gaza
- Jose Mourinho: Sevilla clash is Manchester United's biggest game of the season
- Adrian Peterson: Says he's healthy
- Kitty Hawk is testing electric self-flying taxis in New Zealand
- Spring Budget: OBR upgrades 2018 growth forecasts
- Russian Athlete Rumyantseva Wins Gold in Ski Race at Paralympic Games
- Abcam (LON:ABC) Rating Lowered to Hold at Berenberg Bank