A deal can not be official until Wednesday.
The Vikings have mostly been linked to Kirk Cousins, but obviously Brees would be a huge upgrade over Cousins, and likely would command a shorter contract.
Trump, China, and Steel Tariffs: The Day the WTO Died
The visit had been planned for weeks as a follow-up discussion on over capacity, seen by observers as a swipe at China . Trump wants to use trade policy to advance America's national and economic security priorities.
Strief said he felt "indebted" to Payton and Loomis for giving him the opportunity and never seriously considered leaving for any other teams when he had the chance - even before he married a New Orleans native. Brees' agent is Tom Condon.
For the Vikings, Brees offers a chance to maximize their Super Bowl chances over the next year or two. That's how it always has gone with Brees' extensions with the Saints (when he signed days before the franchise-tag deadline in 2012 and days before the regular season started in 2016).
When it finally does get done, chances are Brees' contract will look an terrible lot like that last extension he signed just four days before the 2016 season opener. Brees may be more of a longshot, but he's worth shot.
Tom Brady: 'Miracle' to win AFC Championship game without Rob Gronkowski
It took everything we had to win it. "It is so great to be in that game, but to win that game, it is very tough". As for the 40-year-old's remaining years in the NFL, Brady reiterated that he's not ready to move on just yet.
Drafted out of Northwestern in the seventh round of the Saints' pivotal 2006 class, Strief spent five years as a backup tackle before ascending to the starter's role and becoming one of the locker room's enduring figures, a leader in the offensive line room and a standout player at right tackle. Last year, for example, Brees was perfectly willing to let the final year of his contract play out, without demanding extra years of guaranteed salary to be tacked on.
"I knew if I was at home watching TV and Drew was getting hit and I felt like I could've helped, I wouldn't have been able to live with myself", Strief said.
It bears repeating: Brees is the better player, regardless of age.
Bills send Glenn to Cincy
The Bengals have traded for a starting left tackle, according to FOX19 Now's media partners at the Cincinnati Enquirer . If the Browns want to take a quarterback, they will have their pick with the top overall selection in the draft.
- United States pushes UN for Ghouta truce as Trump considers Syria options
- Kinzhal missile fascinating facts: Russia's 'invincible' hypersonic warhead test successful
- Indian Wells: Roger Federer leads Delbonis but rain spoiled the party
- Arsenal blow away Watford
- Tomb Raider 1, 2 and 3 Getting FREE Remasters on Steam
- Tesla is quietly raising Supercharging costs in the United States
- Neil Walker signing with Yankees, per reports
- Don't believe Pennsylvania Democrat's not a puppet: Donald Trump
- Xbox One S and X Gaining AMD Radeon FreeSync Support
- INX Media case: CBI asks for 15 day custody for Karti Chidambaram