Insurgents in Afghanistan have occupied a region headquarters in western Farah district, according to an official.
Bakhtawar added that the Taliban opened fire at the provincial police as well as administrative offices from many directions in order to take control over the headquarters.
The pressure on Farah has grown as USA air strikes and Afghan army operations have inflicted heavy casualties on Taliban fighters in neighboring Helmand province, the country's main opium-growing region and a heartland of the insurgency.
Google remembers the man who discovered the synthetic dye with a doodle
Until the mid-1800s, purple clothing was hard to come by and restricted only to those who could afford the expensive fabrics. Following his invention, Perkins quickly focused on the patenting, manufacturing and commercialisation of this purple dye.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, saying 15 police officers were killed and several military vehicles seized along with a large quantity of ammunition. Some 40 militants were also killed, officials said.
The motive behind the attack remained unknown and the Taliban has yet to make comments on the report.
This week's incident was the latest in a series to have hit Farah province, between the border with Iran and the Taliban heartland of Helmand province, source of much of Afghanistan's opium crop.
France win over United Kingdom hands Ireland title
Indeed, to see someone like Dan Leavy fit in easily on the grand stage and become Ireland's best performer in every match this Six Nations campaign, is impressive.
On March 10, officials said dozens of people were killed after Taliban militants ambushed Afghan security forces in the Bala Buluk district, sparking an hours-long gunbattle.
On February 24, at least 18 Afghan soldiers were killed after Taliban militants attacked a security checkpoint in the province.
Latest OnePlus 5/5T Open Beta brings Android 8.1
Both of these packages will bring the phone to Android Oreo, along with updating the Android security patch to February 2018. The public update will be pushed via OTA and you will have to charge the handsets up to 100% to avoid interruption.
- US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson Arrives Abuja
- Kris Jenner says Khloe is her 'favourite' child
- Goldman Sachs President And Co-COO Harvey Schwartz To Retire
- Myanmar is razing Rohingya homes and building security bases, says Amnesty International
- Retail inflation at 4-mth low of 4.44% on cheaper food, fuel
- Ford Announces the Mustang GT California Special
- 2 deadly package bombs in Texas capital are linked
- UFC Announce Massive Title Fight As Headliner For UFC 224 In Rio
- Indian Wells: Novak Djokovic suffers shock loss, Roger Federer sails through
- Meghan Markle And Kate Middleton Wear Statement Coats At Commonwealth Day Service