The race to succeed Lloyd Blankfein as chief executive of Goldman Sachs has narrowed to one candidate, following the surprise departure of one of the USA investment bank's top executives.
PDP sacks Drabu for saying Kashmir not a political issue
This, however, failed to impress the party leadership, which chose to sack Drabu.The decision was later conveyed to Governor N.N. Drabu's assertions evoked sharp criticism from the opposition National Conference and separatist leader Yasin Malik.
Cohn said last week he would resign, a move that came after he lost a fight over Trump's plans for hefty steel and aluminum import tariffs.
Promoting Solomon to chief executive would be a departure for Goldman, which has been led by traders in recent years.
"We saw the future as more of an investment-banking future than a securities or trading future and that favored Solomon", Charles Peabody, a Compass Point Research & Trading analyst, said in an interview with Bloomberg Television. A Reuters profile in 2011 named him as a CEO candidate down the line.
Latest OnePlus 5/5T Open Beta brings Android 8.1
Both of these packages will bring the phone to Android Oreo, along with updating the Android security patch to February 2018. The public update will be pushed via OTA and you will have to charge the handsets up to 100% to avoid interruption.
Prior to Goldman, Solomon spent almost nine years at Bear Stearns. The 55-year-old spends his free time as a DJ at nightclubs and doing yoga with his adult daughter, according to a profile in The New York Times. He also does yoga with his adult daughter, dines out more frequently than some food critics and is a wine connoisseur.
Solomon rose through the financing business after joining as a partner from Bear Stearns Cos. and ran the firm's top-ranked investment-banking business for a decade. David Solomon will serve as sole President and Chief Operating Officer of the firm upon Harvey's retirement.
Lloyd Blankfein could step down as Goldman Sachs Group Inc chief executive as soon as the end of the year, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, swiveling the focus to fierce competition between the two contenders to replace him.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Will Get Android 8.0 Oreo Starting March 30th
Microsoft has reportedly said that quantities of the devices are limited. This is around two million more than achieved by the S8 and S8 Plus.
- Entry level Apple MacBook launch rumoured for June
- Troutman man arrested in 1986 murder of 15-year-old MA girl
- Givenchy dead: French fashion designer dies at 91
- US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson Arrives Abuja
- The Church of Scientology Is Launching its Own Television Network
- Japan PM, finance minister under fire over suspected cover-up of cronyism
- Kylie Jenner Opens Up About Pregnancy With Stormi In Fan Q&A
- Seoul: North Korean 'Caution' Seen in Announcing Stance on Upcoming Summits
- Amazon Makes It Easier To Give Follow-Up Commands To Alexa
- WhatsApp changes its 'delete for everyone' feature