Are you sad to see Whedon leave Batgirl or think it's for the best? "I'm grateful to Geoff (Johns) and Toby (Emmerich) and everyone who was so welcoming when I arrived, and so understanding when I...uh, is there a sexier word for 'failed?'"
Tracking Board reports that Warner Bros.is seeking a female director to helm DC's Batgirl film, something that proved enormously successful with them for 2017's Wonder Woman, which was directed by Patty Jenkins and starred Gal Gadot as the eponymous superhero.
Trump Promises 'Very Strong' Background Checks for Gun Buyers in Listening Session
The US president is being ridiculed on social media for his alleged inability to act humane without a cue card. And I'm here to use my voice because I know he can't. "The laws of the country have failed".
Though Whedon's statement feels like the ideal example of why he isn't the right choice for the film - Joss, why are you trying to make failure sexy? The movie was to be based on the Batgirl story that was first unveiled in DC Comics in 1967, when Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon, appeared as the character in "The Million Dollar Debut of Batgirl!" by writer Gardner Fox and artist Carmine Infantino.
Switch Owners will get an Outdated Version of Payday 2
We understand some of you were disappointed expecting a later version of the game at launch. It also promised to release a series of updates after the game launches.
Many fans want to see Whedon replaced with a woman.. Since his appointment back in March, Whedon's sexist Wonder Woman screenplay leaked, leading many to worry what he would do to Batgirl.
Whedon has an existing relationship with WB and DC, as he took over Justice League directing duties following Zack Snyder's exit due to a family tragedy.
Police arrest stepmom of missing 5-year-old boy in Kansas
Hernandez's biological mother, who lost custody of the child when he was six months old, had not seen her son since December 2017. She emphasized that she did not believe it was the father abusing his son but rather that the abuse was from Lucas' stepmother.
According to THR's sources, after a year of trying Whedon "could not crack the code of what a Batgirl movie should be". Here's hoping Warner Bros. and DC continue to pursue a "Batgirl" feature anyway (and maybe hire a female filmmaker this time around).
- Intel partners with Dell, Lenovo, and HP to build 5G-ready PCs
- Apple Releases 3rd betas of iOS 11.3 with New Animoji's & AML support
- Raiders add ILB Roquan Smith in Mel Kiper's latest mock draft
- CBI busts Whatsapp-based global child porn racket; Admin arrested
- Teacher walkout closes West Virginia public schools
- Indian envoy summoned after ceasefire violation across LoC
- Conor McGregor Claims He Was Denied Opportunity To Fight At UFC 222
- Ed Sheeran Isn't Married, He's Just Wearing An Engagement Ring
- Dhoni Loses His Cool on Manish Pandey, Hits Paterson For a Six
- De Gea saves Manchester United in Sevilla