2018 is the year of the dog, which is characterized as being fortunate, loyal, responsible, and independent.
- On the lunar Chinese calendar each year is represented by a zodiac animal. The fun kicks off with fireworks and a family reunion dinner on New Year's Eve.
Moon also wished citizens happiness in the New Year.
Chinese New Year falls on 16 February this year, at which point we will enter the Year of the Dog.
Turnbull Implements Ministerial Bonk Ban In Response To Barnaby Joyce Fiasco
Mr Joyce was due to step in as acting prime minister while Mr Turnbull is on his trip to the USA , in line with usual convention. Earlier , the Senate has added insult to injury for Mr Joyce, calling on the embattled deputy prime minister to quit.
New year's celebrations will also take place in Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore and other Southeast Asian nations with sizable ethnic Chinese communities.
In Guangzhou, flower fairs are popular at New Year, and all over southern China, lantern displays are common.
- The last day of the 15-day celebration is the Lantern Festival. On the second day, married daughters normally visit their parents with their husbands and children. During the dance, more than 250 envelopes filled with everything from gift cards to candy will be given to guests, along with store incentives. 15 from 11pm-1am, watch the Philadelphia Suns' "Midnight Lion Dance Performance".
"In the year of the dog, all zodiac signs will want to pay attention to their health", they advice. Those born in 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, and 2018 are also Dogs.
Chabahar port project to feature during Rouhani's tour of India
He will leave for New Delhi on Friday where formal bilateral talks will take place between the two countries. Rouhani is also expected to visit historic sites, including the Qutub Shahi tombs at Golconda here.
That means taking action, jumping on opportunities, and not pushing back what you can do today to tomorrow are just a couple of the tenants you should live by for this year... and every other year.
It is worth mentioning that Chinese people who like traditional culture think that there is an inextricable link between their partner and the Chinese zodiac. It is believed lighting incense and praying at the temple earlier in the New Year will welcome good spirits and deities coming to the household sooner.
Chinese-Canadian author Jen Sookfong Lee, who has written a children's book on the holiday, says a big part of the celebrations revolve around cooking and eating - from dumplings to noodles to cakes.
Another online domestic helper service platform named Ayilaile said only about 10 percent of its more than 100,000 registered housekeepers were staying in the capital this holiday.
"AAP nahi KHAP hai" says Congrees on 3 years of AAP
He said that 164 mohalla clinics are already running in Delhi and land selection has been done for 786 more such clinics. Kejriwal said that measure like landscaping to be adopted to curb pollution.
- Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa in Kabul for high-level military meeting
- Russia May Block Youtube And Instagram
- Atlanta Season 2 Trailer Shows Robbin' Season in Full Swing
- In Hindsight, Rangers Should Have Gotten More for Darvish
- Toddler critically injured in Sunday's ambulance crash has died
- Transgender woman able to breastfeed in possible first
- Amazon Testing Its Own Delivery Service
- Solo: Why the Millennium Falcon Looks So Different
- Lane Johnson calls out "robotic" Patriots organization
- Northwest Arkansas airport to offer new nonstop flight to Florida city