US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was expected to meet President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi in Egypt on Monday, diplomatic sources said, as he started a tour of the Middle East.
Tillerson will depart for Jordan on February 11 to begin his trip in Jordan.
According to a press statement issued here on Thursday by Ms Heather Nauert, Department Spokesperson, Mr Tillerson will travel to Amman (Jordan), Ankara (Turkey), Beirut (Lebanon), Cairo (Egypt), and Kuwait City (Kuwait) during this period.
Ramaphosa to address rally as S.Africa deadlock tightens
Luckily for the ANC and the country, Ramaphosa does not come to the presidency with a cloud of corruption hanging over his head. The party's National Executive Committee has the power to instruct Zuma to resign.
The statement noted Tillerson will visit Turkey to discuss regional and bilateral issues with senior Turkish officials.
He is also set to visit Jordan to meet King Abdullah II and Lebanon to meet President Michel Aoun and Prime Minister Saad Hariri.
"The Secretary's visit will emphasize USA support for the Lebanese people and the Lebanese Armed Forces", spokeswoman Heather Nauert said.
J&K: CRPF jawan martyred in fresh terrorist attack in Karan Nagar
After the hiding militants were challenged, they fired at the security forces triggering a gunfight, that is still on. Earlier in the day, the forces had foiled the militants' attempt to strike the paramilitary camp, PTI reported.
After Cairo, Tillerson is to head to Kuwait to take part in a ministerial meeting of the US-led military coalition that has been battling the Islamic State jihadist group in Iraq and neighbouring Syria.
It will be the third Global Coalition meeting and the first since the Islamic State extremists were driven out of their erstwhile strongholds in Raqqa, Syria, and Mosul, Iraq, and mostly defeated on the battlefield throughout the two countries.
The three-day Iraq Reconstruction Conference will showcase private sector investment opportunities and global support for Iraq.
Antonio Conte fears he's a sufferer of his personal success
West Brom sit bottom of the table following defeat by Southampton a week ago but Pardew said he has not held any special meetings with his players to arrest the slump.
Speaking at a joint news conference with his Egyptian counterpart, Tillerson also said that Washington remained committed to achieving a lasting peace between Israel and the Palestinians, despite President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
- Cyberattack Hits Winter Games Opening Ceremony
- Kylie shares a cute photo of her baby girl's hand
- Galaxy S9 leak spills official accessory secrets
- Harry Kane Is Simply Super - Arsene Wenger Rejects Criticism of Arsenal Defenders
- The Media's Olympic-Level North Korea Fawning Is a Disgrace
- Government Sites Caught Cryptojacking Off People's Computers, Crypto Malware Infects 4200 Sites
- O'Toole, Kenney agree with Trump: Jerusalem is the capital of Israel
- Heading home, Pence insists 'no daylight' on North Korea
- White House poised to kick-off infrastructure plan
- World War 2 bomb recovered from Thames, London City Airport shut