"Derbies are good games to win and we're on a good run of derby wins".
Albert Adomah fired Villa in front after 60 minutes but it was Republic of Ireland midfielder Conor Hourihane's strike which really capped a fine day for the home side at Villa Park.
Tonga declares state of emergency as cyclone looms
A storm barreling toward the Pacific island nation of Tonga could be the most powerful to ever hit the country. Many models are predicting it would hit New Zealand, but not until the middle of next week.
The Villa skipper's restraint was tested when he pushed N'Doye away after a foul on his teammate Mile Jedinak, and then went for Terry himself.
Bruce's side are now boosted into second and an automatic promotion position which could see them return to the Premier League at seasons end.
Turkish jets resume airstrikes over Syrian Kurdish enclave
Security Council that the US -led coalition's airstrikes on Syrian government-backed troops were "inadmissible" and "deplorable". However, Anadolu Agency earlier reported that the helicopter crashed in the southern Turkish province of Hatay.
Villa have now won seven matches in a row, the first time the Villans have achieved this feat since 1990. We found our rhythm better than Birmingham and we were able to to create some good openings.
Aston Villa fans celebrate against Birmingham.
North Korea Invites Southern President to Pyongyang
An International Olympic Committee spokesman said drones that were scheduled to be used in the opening ceremony were not deployed. The U.S. and its allies are not ruling out military action against North Korea , Vice President Mike Pence told NBC News .
Assistant manager Colin Calderwood has talked up Steve Bruce's part in Aston Villa's win over Birmingham City and hopes that the three points provide the boss with some happiness following a tough week. "He will pick the team and we will be ready without his presence this week, but his presence is always there with the players anyway". The former took his tally to 13 for the season and has discovered a goalscoring habit since being switched from the right flank to the left.
- 69 defective Pratt & Whitney engines changed in 18 months, says IndiGo
- Trump explains refusal to declassify Dems' memo
- White House poised to kick-off infrastructure plan
- Is 'girlfriend' Deepika Padukone really a reason of Ranveer Singh's high energy?
- Arsenal boss Wenger: Aubameyang just like Henry
- Five people dead after "murder spree" in Johnson County, Ky
- J&K: CRPF jawan martyred in fresh terrorist attack in Karan Nagar
- Kim Cattrall slams "cruel" Sarah Jessica Parker after her brother's death
- Koreas share historic handshake at Olympic opening ceremony
- The Media's Olympic-Level North Korea Fawning Is a Disgrace