Police in Hong Kong yesterday said they were investigating a bus accident that left 19 people dead and scores more injured, with the bus driver arrested for risky driving.
Tai Po is in Hong Kong's New Territories on the mainland. The bus was en route from Sha Tin to Tai Po Center when it overturned and apparently hit a lamppost.
He was not in need of any medical treatment after the crash and was be sober, he added.
Judge Loya's death: United Oppn petitions Prez
Such a procedure will restore the credibility of institutions in the eyes of the public". This feeling was expressed to us by different parties and large number of MPs...
Before the crash, passengers had complained to the driver who was reportedly 10 minutes late and he then started speeding up, the Apple Daily reported, quoting injured passengers at the scene.
A total of 18 people died and 47 people were injured in the accident.
KMB expressed regret over the fatal accident.
Kane is Arsenal's tormentor yet again
Arsenal's form away from home has been awful , winning only 4 games from 13. "I have repeated that for the last few years", he said.
The firm said the driver was involved in a careless driving incident in 2014 in which one passenger was injured, the online edition of South China Morning Post (SCMP) said.
The same private bus company, KMB, was involved in Hong Kong's worst traffic crash, when 21 died and 20 were injured in 2003 after a double-decker bus crashed through a guardrail and down a hill after colliding with a truck.
The 30-year-old bus driver was arrested by the police for alleged risky driving causing death and grievous bodily harm.
Walt Disney World Ticket Prices Increased Beginning Today
The price increases comes months ahead of the opening of Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios this summer. A single-day ticket during peak times will cost $135, which is an $11 increase over past year .
Hong Kong's leader, Chief Executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor, announced that the government would set up an independent committee to probe bus safety. He also called for action on the issue of Hong Kong drivers working too many hours.
- Pyeongchang or Pyongyang? Twitter users place Olympics in North Korea
- Puel hoping Mahrez tension with Leicester now over
- Iran sneers at reports of Israel downing Iranian drone
- Frank Reich agrees to become Colts head coach
- Van Dijk accepts spotlight on Saints return
- Special Olympics Polar Bear Plunge
- Second White House official resigns over domestic abuse claims
- The 10 best moments from the 2018 Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony
- Trump signs budget agreement, ending US govt shutdown
- Kurt Busch sets aim on becoming fourth repeat Daytona 500 champ