Johann Johannsson, the award-winning Icelandic composer whose haunting yet minimalist scores instilled depth in arthouse films, has died, his manager announced Saturday.
Jóhannsson, was born and raised in Reykjavik, Iceland, passed away on Friday February 9th in Berlin.
Today, Johann Johannsson's management team took to social media to confirm that he is no longer among us.
Mike Pence didn't snub North Koreans deliberately, officials say
North and South Korea are technically still at war after their 1950-53 conflict ended in a truce rather than a peace treaty. North Korea has spent years developing its military, saying it needs to protect itself from United States aggression.
Jóhannsson, an Icelandic composer who often incorporated electronic sounds into his scores, received Grammy, Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA nominations over the course of his celebrated career. He was reportedly found dead in his apartment, and his death was confirmed by his manager, but the cause of death is now unknown.
In 2015, Johannsson was nominated for an Oscar once again, this time for Sicario.
His most ambitious albums included "IBM 1401, A User's Manual", inspired by the early mass-manufactured computer.
'We're all hurting:' Indigenous leaders speak on Stanley verdict
Stanley testified during the trial that he never meant to shoot anyone, and that the handgun he was holding accidentally went off. Similar rallies to the one in Vancouver are planned in several Canadian cities including Ottawa, Saskatoon, Edmonton and Toronto.
Tributes have been pouring in from across the music and film industries.
Back in 2014, he was nominated for a BAFTA, Grammy, as well as an Oscar for the music he created for The Theory of Everything.
Johannsson is survived by his parents, three sisters and one daughter.
Omarosa Manigault Hospitalized After Injury In Celebrity Big Brother House
She said she thought she could be "that person" who would stop from tweeting, but said she was kept away from the president. Ever since the show started, Omarosa has been making headlines with her statements about the Trump administration.
- Winter Climate Advisory Issued for Kankakee County
- A Scandalous Move to Block Nunes Memo
- Chicagoland preparing for wintry blast, up to foot of snow
- Duterte Says Ban On Deployment Of Filipino Workers To Kuwait Stays
- Crown Prince Al Nahyan Personally Receives PM Modi In United Arab Emirates
- Rose McGowan Breaks Silence on Death of Former Manager
- Missing Mahrez casts shadow over Foxes trip to Manchester City
- His West Wing rattled, Trump casts doubt on aide's exit
- How to Watch Real Madrid vs. Real Sociedad
- South Africa beat India in Johannesburg, stay alive in series