According to the United States Ski and Snowboard Team, the event-which was slated to air live Saturday evening in the USA -has been delayed because of strong winds.
The men's downhill alpine skiing final at the 2018 Winter Olympics scheduled for Sunday morning in Pyeongchang has been postponed until a later date. But three hours before it was supposed to start, race organizers said the downhill would be moved to a different day. Some top downhillers, including Jansrud, are now scheduled to begin their pursuit of Olympic medals in the Alpine combined event on Tuesday.
The downhill at the 1998 Nagano Games was rescheduled on three occasions, also because of heavy snow and rain.
3 army soldiers injured in Pak firing
A police officer said that the Pakistani forces had attacked the Khadi Karmara forward areas in Poonch at around 11:00 hours today.
Given that skiing is an outdoor event, at the mercy of the elements, its Olympic programme is always designed with contingencies at hand.
Weather permitting, Waldner said on Thursday, the race would be run on Monday at noon local time (0300 GMT), between the two runs of the women's giant slalom at the other Alpine venue in Yongpyong.
"With this being an outdoor sport, it is not abnormal".
Team Canada leads in Figure Skating at 2018 Olympics
Three-time world champions and former Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada earned 80.51 to take the lead. The number is far behind their best score of 61.97 set previous year due to problems caused by Min's untied costume.
France's Brice Roger, one of the outsiders for the downhill, added: "We downhillers are used to it, it happens quite regularly".
"The jury will make a plan for the next days and we will inform asap".
'Lunch pe charcha': PM Modi's idea to MPs for better Union Budget
According to sources, a party MP raised the issue of farmers linking it to the party's defeat in the Rajasthan by-polls. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) held its parliamentary board meeting in Delhi on Friday.
- LaLiga: Ronaldo fired up as Zidane tries to avoid PSG talk
- Led Coalition airstrikes kill 100 Assad-backed forces in Syria
- 'Trump' And 'Kim' Thrown Out Of Opening Ceremony
- BJP workers hurl cow dung at Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's aide
- Leicester will only sell Riyad Mahrez to a non-Premier League club
- Winter Olympics: ban on 47 Russians upheld
- Victoria Beckham just ruled out a Spice Girls tour and we're heartbroken
- Volatility Jump Has Traders Asking About VIX Note Poison Pill
- Turkey has deadliest day in Syria
- Egypt escalates army operations in Sinai