INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. - After reopening their search when Josh McDaniels backed out, the Colts appear to be zeroing in on their next head coach.
Indianapolis agreed to a five-year contract with Frank Reich, making him the team's head coach after he spent the last two seasons as the offensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eagles, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.
Hassan Rouhani underlines importance of Iran's ties with Turkey
He also called for the use of national currencies between Iran and Turkey for economic exchanges. Rouhani noted that Iran is ready to expand economic ties with Turkey.
Reich worked with the Colts as their QB coach when Peyton Manning was there. While Eagles head coach Doug Pederson gets most of the credit for the team's offensive success, Reich was also instrumental in helping the team remain in contention even after Carson Wentz went down. He played quarterback in the National Football League from 1985-98. His greatest game was the 1992 AFC Wild Card game, where he quarterbacked the Bills to victory after overcoming a 35-3 deficit to win 41-38 in overtime.
YPG spokesperson says Turkey bogged down in Afrin
Another 11 soldiers were injured after the offensive's bloodiest day for Turkish military personnel, the army said. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a monitoring group, says at least 68 civilians have been killed.
Reich has ties to Indianapolis where he began his coaching career in 2006 as an intern with the Colts and eventually was promoted to coach the quarterbacks and wide receivers until 2012, when he left to become the wide receivers coach for the Arizona Cardinals for one year.
The loss of Reich and DeFilippo would leave the Eagles in need of both an offensive coordinator and quarterback coach. Luck may still be on the mend from his shoulder injury, but landing Reich would be an outstanding hire for the Colts to make.
2 killed when Turkish helicopter crashes in Syria
It was impossible to identify his location.Another sign that ISIS has regained its footing is the uptick in its propaganda output. They insist they will not abandon the West Kurdistan project that threatens all of northern Syria with war for years to come.
- Operation Olive Branch: Turkish military helicopter shot down in Syria operation
- Tyson Foods Q1 Profit Tops Estimates, Sales Up 5.2%
- United States wins first-ever Olympic medal in men's singles luge
- Second White House official resigns over domestic abuse claims
- Trump signs budget agreement, ending US govt shutdown
- Judge Loya's death: United Oppn petitions Prez
- Auburn basketball comes in as a two seed in NCAA Bracket Preview
- Van Dijk accepts spotlight on Saints return
- Mourinho seriously believes he is the best behaved boss
- Everton tracking possible summer replacement for Allardyce