The new version of the popular video playback software now supports even more video formats and includes hardware acceleration support for high-end video formats, including 4K video with HDR color and 8K video feeds.
18 killed in Hong Kong double-decker bus crash
KMB bus 872 rolled over during the incident on Tai Po Road on Saturday, though the cause of the crash remains unclear. The injured passenger told the paper: "It was much faster than I normally felt in a bus.
You can grab the new VLC 3.0 right here.
Mobile Reports 1.1M Net Postpaid Additions in Q4
This quarter saw service revenues up 7.1% to $7.8 billion, total revenues up 5.1% to $10.8 billion and net income of $2.7 billion. Finally, using its 600 MHz spectrum holdings, T-Mobile US will seek to deploy the country's first nationwide 5G network by 2020.
VideoLAN is also laying the groundwork for a forthcoming VR version with 3.0 offering support for 360-degree video and 3D audio. However, VLC does not support Blu-Ray decryption.
Tech workers give up a lot to live in NY
Meanwhile, in the U.S. , tech salaries in San Francisco and NY rose by five per cent over the last 12 months. The average worldwide salary for a tech worker in 2017 was $135,000, says Hired, up 5% from the 2016 survey.
VLC explains in another post why Chromecast support took as long to arrive as it did, but it really comes down to the fact that Google's streaming platform is meant for just that, streaming. You can turn any Android device into ... Now the feature has reached the stable branch, with the release of VLC 3.0. On OS X and iOS devices, the program uses a new hardware decoded based on Video Toolbox. The update is also rolling out to the UWP app (which also supports Windows 10 Mobile and the Xbox One) but we're not seeing the update yet on the Microsoft Store as of this writing. Unfortunately for some, this functionality is limited to the Android app only, but that includes support for Chromebooks and Samsung's DeX environment. For Samsung Galaxy owners, DeX docks is supported which will also be important with the Galaxy S9 launch only weeks away. There were other challenges as well, like the above-mentioned media encoding feature. On Android Auto, VLC can be controlled by a simple UI or even by voice. Now available in the Play Store, VLC 3.0 for Android brings a number of improvements as well as a couple of new features. There's added support for browsing NAS and local network drives, playing Blu-ray Java menus, as well as audio passthrough support for HD audio codecs.
- Writer alleges makers of Pad Man lifted 11 scenes from his script
- Presents USA Gymnastics investigation by Indianapolis Star's Reporter Marisa Kwiatkowski
- Earnings on the Doorstep For Philip Morris International Inc
- 'To nail Jaitley's lie' Rahul replies with 'full transparency' on Rafale pricing
- NC distances from Akbar Lone's 'Pakistan zindabad' remark
- SpaceX releases one last photo of Starman before it heads towards Mars
- Black History is American History
- James Mattis Says 'Dreamers' Serving in the Military Will Not Be Deported
- Aaron Paul welcomes first child with wife Lauren
- King's Cup: Barcelona reach final for record fifth year in row