The accident happened when the chopper was hovering in the air and the Jawans were coming down to the ground with the help of the rope.
The incident raises serious concern on the safety measures being carried out while conducting such kind of drills. If detected by the enemy, the helicopters with soldiers dangling from the rope, are an easy target and the effort always is to avoid such situations, sources said.
"Slithering operations have been suspended till the cause of accident is known".Читайте также: Sanders and Scarlet Knights set for rematch against No.4 Michigan State
The jawans were rushed to the hospital immediately. The slithering operations, which involve troops slipping down a rope usually from a helicopter, is a method used to drop troops in an area of action when a chopper cannot land.
The incidence took place on Tuesday when three were slithering down from an advanced light helicopter, the rope attached to the chopper appeared to have snapped midway.
Army Day is observed on 15 January every year to honour Lieutenant General KM Kariappa, who took over as the first commander-in-chief of the Indian Army on this day. "An investigation is in progress", said an Army officer. Since there was a malfunction in the aircraft's boom, "A 2-member investigating team from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has come on Wednesday to probe the matter", said a source in the HAL.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Barcelona midfielder Turan loaned to Basaksehir until 2020
- Man Fatally Shot His Mother Over a Broken Gaming Headset
- Canada, US to host meeting on North Korea
- Red Fort attack plot suspect arrested after 17 years
- Chelsea Manning files for Senate run in Maryland
- Donald Trump's reason for skipping United Kingdom questioned, even by embassy
- Vegas gunman had emailed about bump stocks
- Tottenham to open contract talks with another duo, fans will be delighted
- Carrie Underwood, Ludacris write song for Super Bowl
- Duncan, Democratic House candidates react to Haiti comments