USA Today reports the power went out for almost two hours Wednesday in two of the main halls at the Las Vegas Convention Center during the Consumer Electronics Show. Initially, some folks seemed on edge-especially given past events in Las Vegas-but so far it just seems that the trade show finally succeeded in overloading the Las Vegas power grid. Thousands of attendees were ushered out and security guards temporarily refused entry to parts of the convention center. While power within the South Hall was restored minutes later, it took two hours to fully restore power in the Central Hall, with conference organisers confirming on Twitter at 1.09pm that power was slowly being rolled out in the Central Hall. "We will continue to restrict access until full power has been restored".
Jason Roy's record-breaking knock vs Australia gives England series lead
The Big bash has been a great success and draws plenty of crowds but I hope the one-day set-up does the same. Here, Press Association Sport takes a look at how people reacted to Roy's brutal innings.
It wasn't a case of too many gadgets being plugged in, but a rainstorm knocking out the main power-lines.
Despite being a convention dedicated to incredible (and sometimes very bizarre) upcoming technology, the Consumer Electronics Show is subject to power loss like anything else. Samsung, Intel, LG and Panasonic were among the tech companies that lost power.
Ford Ranger finally reintroduced with production set to start in 2018
The midsize Chevrolet Colorado and Toyota Tacoma both notched sales increases a year ago even though overall USA sales were down. It includes off-road tuned shocks, all-terrain tires, a frame-mounted heavy-gauge bash plate, and frame-mounted skid plates.
L O L! Intel, Sony and OREO even got in on the fun and made a decision to let some tweets fly in light of the situation.
Batteries and motors are getting smaller and more powerful, making electric scooters and even single-wheeled devices good for all day use over many miles.
Iranian Oil Tanker Sinks after Weeklong Fire
An oil tanker burning in the East China Sea for more than a week has finally sunk, Chinese media say, BBC reports. The Sanchi was carrying 136,000 tons of condensate, worth some $60 million, and bound for the Republic of Korea.
- Pacers beat the Cavs again in another thriller
- YouTube Exec Addresses Logan Paul Suspension:"He Has Made Missteps"
- Federal government says it will accept DACA applications after court order
- Coutinho would not have played again for Liverpool, indicates Jurgen Klopp
- Saturday Night Live Reveals Bill Murray as Their Steve Bannon
- Netanyahu hints at Gaza tunnel strike, says Hamas should fear 'greater' response
- Dramatic video shows California flash flood rushing towards people in auto
- The World Ends With You returns remixed on Nintendo Switch
- $55m Victorian Powerball jackpot victor yet to come forward
- Manchester City to Walk Away from Alexis - United Have Clear Run