The injury ended Gonzalez's streak of playing in at least 150 games at 11 seasons.
Those numbers warranted some sizeable contracts as the Red Sox signed Gonzalez to a seven-year, $154 million deal prior to the 2011 season.
The 35-year-old first baseman is coming off of a down year, during which he struggled to remain healthy and produced a meager.242/.287/.355 batting line with three home runs in 252 plate appearances.
Known for his durability over the course of his 14-year major league career, Gonzalez was limited to just 71 games last season as a member of the Dodgers.
This is where the Mets came in.Читайте также: Superdry (SDRY) Price Target Raised to GBX 2100
Gonzalez, who will be 36 next season, would be a cheap stopgap who would not prevent Smith, one of the Mets' top prospects, from taking over at first base in the team's eyes. Smith batted.198 with nine home runs and 26 RBIs in 49 games down the stretch for NY in 2017.
USA Today first reported the agreement between Gonzalez and the Mets.
He is a five-time All-Star and a four-time Gold Glove victor.
Should he return to full health and is put in a lower spot in the lineup where he is supported by Yoenis Cespedes, Jay Bruce and Michael Conforto (upon his return from a dislocated shoulder), Gonzalez could still be more than serviceable for the Mets.
The Mets are adding some insurance at first base.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Iranian Oil Tanker Sinks after Weeklong Fire
- Our 4 Favorite Weirdly Cool Tech Gadgets From CES 2018
- Jason Roy's record-breaking knock vs Australia gives England series lead
- Ford Ranger finally reintroduced with production set to start in 2018
- CDC Delays Nuclear Preparedness Training to Focus on Flu Instead
- Pacers beat the Cavs again in another thriller
- Dramatic video shows California flash flood rushing towards people in auto
- Hillary Clinton Calls Donald Trump "Ignorant, Racist" Over His Sh*tty Behavior
- Plane skids off runway in northern Turkey; stuck in mud
- $55m Victorian Powerball jackpot victor yet to come forward