An oil tanker burning in the East China Sea for more than a week has finally sunk, Chinese media say, BBC reports.
China Central Television said the Sanchi, which had drifted into Japan's exclusive economic zone, "suddenly ignited" around noon, with flames spreading from end to end, before sinking.
Hope Fades for Missing Crew Members as Iranian Oil Tanker Sinks
The Panama-registered Sanchi tanker is shown burning on January 9 in the East China Sea.
The body of one crew member was found three or four miles from the tanker two days after the collision. But salvage workers were prevented from entering a living room on SANCHI's first floor as the inner temperature had reached 89 degrees Celcius.
Google mulls Assistant shopping in war with Alexa
Neither Apple Inc's assistant Siri nor Microsoft Corp's Cortana are now available on a speaker with a tablet-like display . And the market for smart devices is exploding, even with warnings that "the internet of things" is notoriously insecure.
The Sanchi was carrying 136,000 tons of condensate, worth some $60 million, and bound for the Republic of Korea. A total of 32 crewmembers including 30 Iranians and two Bangladeshis are missing.
All 21 Chinese crew members of the Crystal, which was carrying grain from the U.S., have been rescued.
Oprah Beats Trump, But Most Don't Want Her to Run
Hollywood heavyweight Steven Spielberg has thrown his support behind Oprah Winfrey should she make a bid for president in 2020. She had Donald Trump - this was before politics - her last week, and she had Donald Trump and my family.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi had told his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif by telephone that "as long as there is 1 percent of hope, China will continue to make 100 percent effort" to rescue and recover other members of the crew.
He said that due to repeated explosions and gas leaks, rescue teams were unable to extinguish the fire on the vessel and recover the bodies.
CDC Delays Nuclear Preparedness Training to Focus on Flu Instead
Between Dec., 31 and January , 6 Manitoba Health reports 17 deaths associated with the flu since September , 1, 2017. Elsewhere, there has been widespread media coverage of healthy adults who have died after getting the flu.
- Iowa Congressman defending president's description of developing countries
- No. 8 Texas Tech vs. No
- No Liverpool offer for early Keita move, insists Rangnick
- Coutinho would not have played again for Liverpool, indicates Jurgen Klopp
- China says Iran nuclear deal not derailed, pledges constructive role
- This Is Toyota's 1000-Horsepower LMP1-Inspired Hypercar Concept
- Netanyahu begins 6-day visit to India to deepen ties
- The World Ends With You returns remixed on Nintendo Switch
- Bella and Gigi Hadid share devastating photos from their flooded hometown
- $55m Victorian Powerball jackpot victor yet to come forward