The investment is a continuation of a plan already announced by the automaker, which shuffled SUV and crossover production between Ohio, Michigan, and Mexico plants. But the Saltillo plant isn't going anywhere; it's being repurposed to produce other types of vehicles.
Those investments and related actions involving production shifts at three plants in Illinois, Ohio, and MI to gain capacity for the Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, and Ram Light Duty truck, and the introduction of three new Jeep models at plants in Ohio and MI. Canadian government officials previously this week stated they are convinced that Trump intends to reveal his intention to give up the agreement. More than 2,000 new jobs will be added at these two plants to support production, FCA pointed out.
Hackel pointed to investments since 201 that include $2 billion in the GM Tech Center in Warren and Chrysler's previously announced $2 billion investment in the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant as proof.
The decision by FCA was hailed by the U.S. Vice President Mike Pence who tweeted that manufacturing is back and is proof the America first policies of the administration are working.Читайте также: Eagles' Lane Johnson Embraces The Underdog Mentality After Defeating Falcons
Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel called the latest invesment a great announcement, saying "we're extremely grateful for FCA and Sergio making that commitment". General Motors Co. (Detroit) is scheduled to introduce a redesigned Silverado large pickup on Saturday evening. Sources have cited that since the past few years, the firm has been trying to restructure its vehicle manufacturing operations across the U.S.to create more jeeps and trucks, driven by excessive consumer demand. About 90 percent of the Ram heavy-duty pickups made at Fiat Chrysler's Saltillo plant in Mexico are sold in the United States or Canada, business authorities stated.
"It is going to be for global distribution, at the moment the Ram is only distributed at the level of NAFTA", he said.
"This has become somewhat of a Ram country here in Macomb County if you think about it because this is where it's being built. and they're bringing them up from Mexico", Hackel said.
Fiat Chrysler divulged his plans to overhaul the plant in Warren, Mich., on the run up to the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, which opens to the media and industry visitors on Sunday.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Ford Ranger finally reintroduced with production set to start in 2018
- Federal government says it will accept DACA applications after court order
- Manchester City to Walk Away from Alexis - United Have Clear Run
- The World Ends With You returns remixed on Nintendo Switch
- YouTube Exec Addresses Logan Paul Suspension:"He Has Made Missteps"
- Potential Protagonists: 4 Players Arsenal Should Target to Replace Alexis Sanchez
- African ambassadors to United Nations call Trump's remark 'outrageous, racist'
- Conte happy to end Mourinho feud once and for all
- Netanyahu hints at Gaza tunnel strike, says Hamas should fear 'greater' response
- Hillary Clinton Calls Donald Trump "Ignorant, Racist" Over His Sh*tty Behavior