Marchand was left alone in front on a power play to take a feed from Patrice Bergeron and score his 18th of the season at 17:11.
Marchand also scored in regulation, helping the Bruins improve to 9-0-3 in their last 12 games.
Julien, who won a Stanley Cup as the Bruins head coach in 2013, was sacked after 56 games during the 2016-17 season while guiding the Bruins to a 26-23-6 record.
African ambassadors to United Nations call Trump's remark 'outrageous, racist'
Ambassadors unanimously agreed the resolution after an emergency session to discuss Mr Trump's remarks. South Africa has protested to the U.S. embassy in Pretoria about reported remarks by U.S.
Facing off against their former head coach in Claude Julien, the Boston Bruins managed to post two points on the road - besting the Montreal Canadiens, 4-3, at Bell Centre Saturday night. The Canadiens reported he was awake and moving at hospital.
He was moving and appeared to be speaking to medical staff before he left the ice, to an ovation from the crowd.
"There's no doubt it's a special thing because I spent a lot of great years in (Boston) with an organization that treated me extremely well and I'm showing a lot of gratitude towards them for that", Julien said before the game Saturday.
FCA Announces $1 Billion Investment, Employee Bonus
General Motors Co. (Detroit) is scheduled to introduce a redesigned Silverado large pickup on Saturday evening. But the Saltillo plant isn't going anywhere; it's being repurposed to produce other types of vehicles.
The Canadiens and Bruins both went on to make the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs, each losing in the first round.
After three competitive periods of play and overtime could not determine a victor, the Bruins took down Montreal in the shootout, with Brad Marchand scoring on Boston's fourth attempt of the night to close out the win.
The Canadiens issued a statement during the third period that said: "Danault suffered a head injury". It happens. It's unfortunate. On that particular play I was getting a pass off the boards and the puck probably was bouncing. He was taken to the hospital for further exams. Hopefully Phillip is now recovering. "I'm obviously wishing him a fast and full recovery". Danault lay motionless on the ice for five minutes. "So I was glad that he was doing OK".
Plane skids off runway in northern Turkey; stuck in mud
Pegasus says all 168 occupants "disembarked safely" from the aircraft, with no injuries to anyone on board. The aircraft (TC-CPF) had arrived at the Black Sea resort as flight PC8622 from Ankara on 13 January.
- Coutinho would not have played again for Liverpool, indicates Jurgen Klopp
- CDC Delays Nuclear Preparedness Training to Focus on Flu Instead
- Pacers beat the Cavs again in another thriller
- Superdry (SDRY) Price Target Raised to GBX 2100
- Kohli‚ Vijay rebuilding India's innings after the loss of two early wickets
- Hillary Clinton Calls Donald Trump "Ignorant, Racist" Over His Sh*tty Behavior
- Trump language on Africa unacceptable, racist: Ghana
- Jason Roy's record-breaking knock vs Australia gives England series lead
- The World Ends With You returns remixed on Nintendo Switch
- Dramatic video shows California flash flood rushing towards people in auto