But diplomats also said they are not completely knowledgeable of how North Korea could achieve nuclear parity with a powerful United States. This comes after Beijing released year-end customs figures on Friday, showing that imports from North Korea were down 33-percent a year ago, and over 80-percent in December.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders issued a statement on Friday.
On the United States' willingness to engage in dialogue with North Korea, he said that there was some sign of positive interaction between North Korea and the South Korean peninsula which was receiving the great attention of the global community.
The decrease was even more noticeable in December, with overall trade between the two countries coming in 50.6 percent lower than the figure from the previous year. The U.S. sees cutting off North Korea's economic ties with China - the country's dominant trading partner - as essential to forcing Kim back to the negotiating table.Читайте также: Eagles vs Falcons, Patriots vs Titans
The State Department is hoping to cement those gains with other measures at an upcoming meeting in Vancouver, according to Brian Hook, Director of Policy Planning for the Secretary. "They are doing a better job of implementing the U.N. Security Council resolutions".
Chinese government had also imposed sanctions on Pyongyang's nuclear and missile programme.
But Hook said America has kept China informed on enforcing sanctions and added that both it and Russian Federation would be briefed after the Vancouver conference.
The two Koreas held their first high-level talks in more than two years this week, leading some to expect an easing of tensions ahead of the PyeongChang Winter Olympics in the South next month.
A Japanese foreign ministry official, meanwhile, was quoted by Bloomberg News on Wednesday raising questions about the involvement of countries such as Colombia and Greece, which are peripheral to the North Korea crisis.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- FO lodged protest to Indian deputy high commissioner over ceasefire violation
- Aussie songwriters sue Ed Sheeran over 'blatantly copied' song
- Martin O'Neill And Roy Keane On Verge Of Irish Exit
- Barcelona midfielder Turan loaned to Basaksehir until 2020
- Antonio Conte tells Jose Mourinho feel of 'contempt' is mutual
- Zidane insists struggling Real and Ronaldo are 'not that bad'
- Carrie Underwood, Ludacris write song for Super Bowl
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) PT Raised to $56.00 at Loop Capital
- 'Sloppy Steve' Bannon Reportedly Forced out at Breitbart After Feud With Trump
- Trump Referred to Intelligence Analyst as 'Pretty Korean Lady'