"This is not just a transfer for Basaksehir, but a transfer for all of Turkey".
Barcelona have officially confirmed that Arda Turan will be loaned to Basaksehir in a deal that sees the Turkey worldwide join the club until 2020.
The Brazilian could make his club debut as early as next weekend against Real Betis if he is fit
And having found himself out of manager Ernesto Valverde's plans, Turan has been given an escape route for the remainder of his contract in Istanbul.
The two clubs had reached a loan agreement for the 30-year-old Turkish worldwide, but did not disclose the financial value of the deal, reports Efe.
Asia leads Europe by 1 point after first day of EurAsia Cup
Cabrera-bello's wonderful putting into the second nine saw the European pair go from two down to one up in the space of three holes. "That was always my belief when I took this captaincy".
Turan's new club Basaksehir have risen fast over the last two seasons to rival the established Istanbul triumvirate of Besiktas, Fenerbahce and Galatasaray and lead the Super Lig by a point.
It is somewhat surprising to see Barca let Turan leave on loan for such a lengthy period of time, given that he is surplus to requirements at Camp Nou and a transfer fee and a permanent departure would be more fitting for the 30-year-old.
Zidane insists struggling Real and Ronaldo are 'not that bad'
Later on Saturday, second-placed Atletico Madrid play away to Eibar while third-placed Valencia visit Deportivo La Coruna. Madrid also drew at Celta Vigo 2-2 a week ago, and lost to Barcelona 3-0 at the Bernabeu in its last match past year .
The Catalan club is to get variables depending on the Turan's performance in the Turkish League, while Istanbul Basaksehir reserves the option of buying the player.
Turan was also part of the team in the six titles the club managed to claim: One League, two Copas del Rey, one Spanish Super Cup, one Club World Cup and one European Super Cup.
Jaguars Injury Report: LB Brown, PR Mickens listed as questionable against Steelers
Brown returned to practice on Monday after suffering a calf injury against the New England Patriots in Week 15. After being listed as a limited practice participant on Wednesday, he practiced fully the final two days.
- Terrifying false alarm interrupts NBC Premier League broadcast in Hawaii
- Eagles vs Falcons, Patriots vs Titans
- Donald Trump's reason for skipping United Kingdom questioned, even by embassy
- Aussie songwriters sue Ed Sheeran over 'blatantly copied' song
- Death toll climbs to 18 in massive Montecito mudslide
- Antonio Conte tells Jose Mourinho feel of 'contempt' is mutual
- Ian Wright predicts Marko Arnautovic to score v Huddersfield
- Carrie Underwood, Ludacris write song for Super Bowl
- Nomura Reiterates "Buy" Rating for Alibaba Group (BABA)
- Chelsea Manning files for Senate run in Maryland