Parton opened Stampede in three different cities: Branson, Mo., Pigeon Forge, Tenn. and Myrtle Beach, S.C. Though similar in concept, each attraction had a different name and theme.
In a press release from the show's owner World Choice Investments the removal of the word dixie comes after executives say "we recognize that attitudes change and we feel by streamlining the names of our shows..."
Parton, 71, said the change was necessary to expand the shows to a wider audience and take into account cultural changes over the years.Читайте также: Everton in negotiations to sign Theo Walcott
The release said the "production team is hard at work updating the existing shows for 2018".
"Dolly Parton is an American icon", Cohen said. In an article titled 'Springtime for the Confederacy, ' she called it "a lily-white kitsch extravaganza that play-acts the Civil War but never once mentions slavery".
Searching for family fun and adventure during your vacation in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee? Instead, it romanticizes the South. Harris compared it to Springtime for Hitler, the musical featured in The Producers.
"Our shows now are identified by where they are located", Parton said in the news release.
Two weeks later, Harris published a response from the company, which noted "we strive to constantly improve the guest experience at our shows" by surveying customers and that "accordingly, we will evaluate the information provided by Ms. Harris in her Slate.com article in regard to our Pigeon Forge and Branson operations". The shows will resume late in January through early spring, depending on the location.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Premium Apple Reseller announces battery replacement process
- Mario Tennis Aces Coming to Nintendo Switch
- Ecuador gives #Assange citizenship, seeks solution with Britain
- NBA All-Star second voting returns released
- Celtics overcome 22-point deficit to beat 76ers in London
- Minor girl's rape, murder sparks protest in Pak
- Upcoming Call of Duty: WWII Zombies 'Darkest Shore' gets a trailer
- Year-old Texas church massacre victim finally gets to go home
- GM wants to make autonomous vehicle with no traditional controls by 2019
- Fiat Chrysler will move Ram production to MI from Mexico