Iran´s western province of Kermanshah was hit by a strong quake on Thursday, state TV reported. The USGS said the quake's magnitude was 5.5.
All the earthquakes struck at a depth of 10 kilometres, according to the USGS.
The U.S. Geological Survey said seven of the earthquakes hit near the Iraqi city of Mandali, which is just 75 miles northeast of the Iraqi capital.
National Weather Service issues Flood advisory for Stanislaus County, region
Additional snow accumulations of up to one inch and ice accumulations of up to one tenth of an inch are expected. Snow, rain and sun are all expected to make appearances in the next five days in the Spokane area.
In November, a major 7.2-magnitude quake struck the same region, killing more than 530 people and injuring thousands in Iran alone.
At least 600 Iranians died in a 7.3-magnitude natural disaster that hit the Kermanshah province on November 12 previous year. Earthquakes that register as 5 are considered moderate.
In Iraq, nine people were killed and 550 injured in the northern Kurdish region, according to the UN.
Frances McDormand Wins Actress Drama Globe For 'Three Billboards'
Del Toro said he has made a career of crafting monster-oriented fables, at least three of which he said have "saved my life". The film won the honor moments after McDormand won the Globe award for best actress in a film drama.
Geophysicist Randy Baldwin told The Associated Press on Thursday that such quakes should be expected in the region after the November 7.2 magnitude temblor.
Iran sits atop several fault lines and has been hit by a series of earthquakes in recent weeks. No injuries or damage were reported. In 2003, a 6.6 magnitude quake flattened the historic city of Bam, killing 26,000 people.
Late Thursday afternoon, another 4.8 magnitude natural disaster struck in Kerman, according to the USGS.
Canada challenges United States tariff system
NAFTA has been heavily criticized by Trump, who called it the "worst deal in USA history" and warned that he might scrap it. Last month a USA trade panel locked in hefty subsidies on softwood lumber .
- Landry Shamet joins the Wooden Award midseason list
- Arizona trails Oregon State 22-21 at halftime
- Norv Turner agrees to become Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator
- Bizarre: Ikea wants women to pee on ad to get discount
- NY firmly on radar as KQ opens ticket sales
- Oil tanker burning off China's coast liable to exploding
- Department of Justice rescinding the marijuana enforcement policy
- Dozens killed as violence spikes near Damascus in Syria
- Chip flaw could lead to class action suit vs Intel
- Power Being Restored At CES After Outage