"The issue that stands in the way is Ukraine", Tillerson said. He has said he believes Russian President Vladimir Putin's personal denials that Moscow meddled.
Tillerson is due in Vienna on Thursday for talks with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe and USA officials say he is expected to meet Lavrov there.
Tillerson insisted the US could never overlook Russia's invasion of Ukraine and "attempted annexation" of the Crimean peninsula.
"We can have differences in other arenas, in Syria, we can have differences in other areas", he said.
Wildfire burning near the Getty Center in Los Angeles
UCLA, Cal State Northridge, Los Angeles Valley College and Santa Monica College all canceled classes Thursday. Still, Hartwig said the art complex's plan has always been to keep the artwork in place in case of fire.
"We will continue to work with Russian Federation to see if we could not agree a peacekeeping force that could enter Ukraine (and) reduce the violence", Tillerson told the news conference. "It stands as the single most hard obstacle to us renormalizing a relationship with Russian Federation, which we badly would like to do".
Speaking a day ahead of planned talks with Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, Tillerson said he hoped to convince Moscow to allow a blue helmet force with a robust mandate.
Russia has brought forward a proposal for a United Nations force to protect OSCE truce monitors deployed in eastern Ukraine where Russian-backed rebels are fighting Kiev's troops.
The United States and its allies want peacekeepers to have a broad mission to protect about 600 OSCE monitors now on the ground and investigate cease-fire violations throughout eastern Ukraine.
Philippe Coutinho for Barca
Liverpool's marquee player Philippe Coutinho was the subject of intense interest from Barcelona last summer, however a move never materialised in the end .
Russia's foreign minister called on Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) countries to strengthen efforts to ensure the safety of the internet on Thursday.
Economic sanctions were placed on Russian Federation by then-US President Barack Obama in 2014 following the country's military action in Crimea and Ukraine.
He and Lavrov met on the sidelines of the conference, though both ignored reporters' questions when the meeting began.
Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Assaulting 17-Year-Old
After the incident, Singer is reported to have both threatened and intimidated Sanchez-Guzman in order to ensure his silence. Singer reportedly regularly failed to arrive on set, leaving cinematographer Thomas Newton to fill his shoes.
- 'It' Star Jack Dylan Grazer Joins DC Superhero Film 'Shazam!'
- Gold trader says he never liked Turkish banker facing trial (HALKB)
- World War Z Revealed at The Game Awards 2017 with New Trailer
- Google to Launch New YouTube Music Service in March
- IDF retaliates against Hamas for rocket attacks
- Notable Two Hundred Day Moving Average Cross - GILD
- Seattle NHL Expansion Application Approved by NHL, Can Start Season Ticket Drive
- Analyst's Rankings to Lookout: Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY), Globalstar, Inc. (GSAT)
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's The Champions' Ballad DLC Pack Launches Tonight
- Director Bryan Singer's Firing From "Bohemian Rhapsody" Divides Internet Discussion