The 36-year-old has not played since winning last year's tournament in Melbourne - when she was pregnant with her first child.
Williams has been away from the sport due to injury, the birth of her daughter, and then marriage to Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian.
New mum Serena Williams will be ready to make her tennis comeback next month at the Australian Open with her return to Melbourne for the season's opening Grand Slam "very likely", organisers said today.
Should Williams win the 2018 tournament in Melbourne she would equal Australian Court's all-time record of 24 Grand Slam singles titles.
Representative Trent Franks is expected to resign: media report
Obviously, this news (if true) is incredibly shocking and came out of relatively nowhere compared to Sen. Franks told Roll Call that a statement would be forthcoming. "The statement will explain", he said.
"She has got her visa, she has entered [the tournament], she is practicing and she probably just needs a bit more space for a bigger entourage", the tournament director said.
Victory over her sister Venus a year ago moved Williams one behind Margaret Court's all-time record of major wins.
"She wants to break the record owned by Margaret Court and it would be a significant accomplishment for her to be able to do that".
"We'd be pretty excited about the possibility [of her coming]", Tiley said.
'Simmba' poster: Ranveer Singh is the new cop in town
Ranveer Singh took to his social media account and made the announcement about the project and dropped the first look. And now KJo is up with his next project Simmba which will feature Ranveer Singh in the lead.
United will play the Cairns Taipans at the venue, which is usually locked out by the Australian Open for the last two weeks of January.
"We've had this before. Roger Federer travels with his four kids and we are a family-friendly event", referring to Williams and her baby.
The victor of the 2018 tournament will walk away with £2.25m, up from £2.1m previous year.
Suns: Devin Booker out 2-3 weeks
The Suns are pretty terrible this season, but they've actually shown little signs of competitiveness from time to time. With each of these players unavailable or off the roster, the Suns have had to use James more than they planned.
- Rockets fired into Israel near Gaza strip
- Citing Trump, John Lewis Will Skip Mississippi Civil Rights Museum Opening
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Releases Latest List of Safest Vehicles
- Devil May Cry HD Collection Announced for PS4, Xbox One, PC
- Everton's incredible team news for Apollon Limassol clash
- 102-year-old Pearl Harbor veteran hopes history is not forgotten
- Burnley confirm Ireland star Robbie Brady to undergo knee surgery
- Russian Federation declares 'mission accomplished' against Islamic State in Syria
- Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr. Fired For Misconduct By Morgan Stanley
- 'The Twilight Zone' Reboot From Jordan Peele, Simon Kinberg Ordered To Series