Daniel Craig was ultimately offered the role and, well, it seems like they chose to make him gritty after all. However, the actor felt the franchise wasn't gritty enough at the time and made a decision to opt out of portraying James Bond. And the response was: 'Oh, you don't get a say.
The 49-year-old actor was offered the chance to replace Pierce Brosnan as the iconic secret agent, but Hugh was left unimpressed by the scripts and the role was ultimately handed to Daniel Craig. "You just have to sign on, '" Jackman added.
Hugh Jackman apparently was neither shaken nor stirred by the possibility of playing James Bond.
Anchor responds on air to viewer who called her the 'N word'
Reed told Atlanta Black Star it was timing that led her to respond the way she did - right then and there during election night. But Reed has no regrets, except not telling her crew to show the full email.
Hugh Jackman revealed he was approached to play James Bond in the early 2000s, but turned the opportunity down because the scripts were a bit too wacky for his taste. Jackman has reprised the role in eight movies over the course of seventeen years. At the time, Jackman believed the franchise's creators needed to produce something "grittier and real" to bring the James Bond brand back into focus, which is, in hindsight, rather prescient considering MGM dreamed up Casino Royale two years later.
Although he might have missed out on being Bond, James Bond, Hugh has no regrets about turning down the role saying he "always tried to do different things".
"But there was a time between "X-Men 3" and the first Wolverine movie when I could see the roles getting smaller", he told Variety.
Suns: Devin Booker out 2-3 weeks
The Suns are pretty terrible this season, but they've actually shown little signs of competitiveness from time to time. With each of these players unavailable or off the roster, the Suns have had to use James more than they planned.
The Oscar-nominated actor's upcoming movie The Greatest Showman, which revolves around popular American showman PT Barnum and his journey, is slated for release in the United States theatres on December 20. People wanted me to play that kind of hero part exclusively.
After moving on to the lead in 2003's X-MEN sequel, the role of 007 went to Daniel Craig.
Burnley confirm Ireland star Robbie Brady to undergo knee surgery
Brady fell awkwardly after clattering with Harry Maguire , and he was taken off by stretcher. We have a laugh, so he's definitely going to be a miss.
- Nomura Reiterates "Buy" Rating for Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN)
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Releases Latest List of Safest Vehicles
- Serena Williams' Best Year Ever Just Got Even Better
- Delta flight makes emergency pitstop in Montana after toilets malfunction
- Matt Lauer's Wife 'Not Going To Stay With Him,' Says Her Father
- 76ers Finally Trade Jahlil Okafor
- 102-year-old Pearl Harbor veteran hopes history is not forgotten
- Everton's incredible team news for Apollon Limassol clash
- Broadcom Limited Ord (NASDAQ:AVGO)'s Trend Up, Especially After Decreased Shorts
- Representative Trent Franks is expected to resign: media report