- An early-morning second-alarm brush fire that broke out in the Kagel Canyon area above Sylmar Tuesday charred more than 4,000 acres, damaged at least one home and prompted the evacuation of people and animals.
Three firefighters were injured Tuesday, and were hospitalized in stable condition.
Evacuation orders first issued Tuesday were affecting about 110,000 households, according to Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti. Although numerous homes were charred on Tuesday, firefighters were still dousing hot spots that flared up on Thursday morning.
"The Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control (DACC) has been working around the clock to rescue animals and provide safe sheltering for animals as a result of the active fires that have affected thousands of Los Angeles County residents", the agency posted in an update on Facebook Wednesday.
Representative Trent Franks is expected to resign: media report
Obviously, this news (if true) is incredibly shocking and came out of relatively nowhere compared to Sen. Franks told Roll Call that a statement would be forthcoming. "The statement will explain", he said.
Padilla's family owns more than 60 horses and said they will count how many of their equines survived the fire as soon as they are given the opportunity to do so.
Los Angeles Fire Fighters are fighting a fire that erupted Tuesday morning due to Santa Ana winds and has already burned 2,500 acres in Sylmar County.
Also, the South Coast Air Quality Management District released an advisory urging residents in portions of the San Fernando Valley to seek shelter from the smoke.
Terrazas warned that the battle was likely to continue until at least Friday. The LAPD was placed on a citywide tactical alert, which allows commanders maximum flexibility in deploying resources.
102-year-old Pearl Harbor veteran hopes history is not forgotten
Usually, a Navy vessel with sailors manning the rails passes by the USS Arizona Memorial during the event. Vietnam War Navy veteran Virgil Johnson, right, and his wife, Marilyn, at Pearl Harbor.
However, all westbound 210 Freeway exits from the 118 Freeway to the 5 Freeway are closed, and from Lowell Avenue to the 118 Freeway, sheriff's officials said.
The mandatory evacuations included a mobile home park in Lopez Canyon; Arroyo Street north of the Foothill (210) Freeway; a mobile home park on Maclay Street; and the Pacoima Wash west of Sayre Street. The fire also forced a mass evacuation of large animals, primarily horses but also others such as alpacas.
- for large animals, Pierce College, 6201 Winnetka Ave.
Saif Ali Khan: If Padmavati Releases, We Will Shift Kaalakaandi
The box-office hasn't been kind to Khan over the past few years - his last release, Chef, didn't manage to rake in the moolah. Speaking to a leading daily, he said, If " Padmavati " comes in (on that day), we will think of shifting our release date.
- Iraq Rejects Trump's Decision on Jerusalm
- 'Simmba' poster: Ranveer Singh is the new cop in town
- Mozilla and Yahoo! launch high-cost lawsuit
- Apple Pay Cash and person to person payments limits
- Arsenal legend believes this player would be a good signing for Tottenham
- Nomura Reiterates "Buy" Rating for Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN)
- Citing Trump, John Lewis Will Skip Mississippi Civil Rights Museum Opening
- Will you get the flu shot?
- Nissan, DeNA unveil Easy Ride robo-vehicle mobility service in Japan
- Delta flight makes emergency pitstop in Montana after toilets malfunction