Videos of that 50-acre blaze, dubbed the Skirball Fire because of its proximity to the Skirball Cultural Center, showed bright flames glowing ominously close to motorists. Some 100,000 people have evacuated already, and Los Angeles Fire Chief Ralph Terrazas said crews would likely be battling the blaze for days. Six fixed-wing aircraft and a number of helicopters were deployed to the scene, Garcetti said. The La Tuna Fire in September also sent massive amounts of smoke into the air above Los Angeles and forced the evacuation of hundreds of homes.
The fire was first reported around 5 a.m. local time Wednesday east of the 405 and north of Sunset Boulevard.
"This fire is very unsafe and spreading rapidly, but we'll continue to attack it with all we've got", Brown said.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Reportedly Inks Contract Extension
Blank is the owner of the Atlanta Falcons and the head of the negotiation committee, which was tasked with negotiating the deal. We are pleased to have resolved this issue and we appreciate the strong support received from our partners.
California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Ventura County Tuesday morning.
Fires tore through neighborhoods, razing homes to the ground, reducing them to gray smoldering ashes. "It's critical residents stay ready and evacuate immediately if told to do so". So far it has consumed at least 45,000 acres and burned down at least 150 structures, including a 200-unit apartment complex and Vista Del Mar, a psychiatric hospital. "We're so blessed that we still have a house". The museum was closed for the day due to the fire. "We don't want to hamper our personnel and not send them".
Winds in the area were blowing at about 25 miles per hour, according to the Fire Department.
Hornets coach Steve Clifford to take leave of absence to address health
Clifford missed Monday's game against the Orlando Magic , which the team won 104-94 with Silas at the helm. Charlotte Hornets head coach Steve Clifford will not be with his team for the immediate future.
Moraga Estate, the only working winery in Bel-Air and home of Twenty-First Century Fox and Fox News Chairman Rupert Murdoch, appears to be the latest casualty of wildfires spread by the Santa Ana winds in Southern California.
A red-flag warning, which is for extreme weather conditions that could cause wildfires, is in effect until 8 p.m. PT Friday.
Vladimir Putin to seek re-election for 2018 Russian presidency
In the meantime, perhaps the Kremlin's biggest task will be to make it look as if Putin faces real electoral competition. Putin has spent a year dodging the question about whether he would run.
- Chiefs CB Marcus Peters suspended for Sunday's game after Jets incident
- Whistleblower To Dems: Flynn Promised Biz Associate He'd Gut Russia Sanctions
- Harvey Weinstein used agents and journalists to carry out his abuse
- Osmania University Students Protest After Student Hangs Himself in Hostel
- 'Creek Fire' burns 4000 acres above Sylmar and prompts evacuations
- Wednesday forecast: cloudy skies with chance of rain, high 47
- UnitedHealth Spending $5B To Buy Hundreds Of Clinics
- Bridge Constructor Portal is Valve's Unexpected New Venture
- Margot Robbie recalls how her mother was almost strangled by a python
- Earthquake measuring 5.5 hits Uttarakhand's Rudraprayag district, tremors in north India