A total of two runs, and an innings that lasted for seventeen overs featuring ten ducks - that was how the Under-19 Nagaland women team fared against Kerala at the ongoing BCCI Women's Under-19 One-Day League and Knockout Tournament. The team collapsed after Kerala skipper Minnu Mani grabbed four wickets and others did not let the opposition reach double figures. Also, Aleena Surendran was the only bowler to concede runs with as many as 16 maidens were bowled out in 17 overs.
Nagaland's opener claimed one run from the only scoring shot of the innings, with the other coming from a wide. The Kerala team had achieved the target of two runs just in two balls, the first ball was wide and on the second ball, the opener won the match for the team by hitting a boundary. Kerala team coach Suman Sharma told Mirror, "We won because of our disciplined bowling plan and ideal fielding". The Nagaland Cricket Association (NCA) has said the result was disappointing but their girls needed support. Bihar and Nagaland are the only two sides to remain winless in either group.
Thanksgiving night fights shut down Alabama mall, shoe reportedly hit baby
Hoover police told AL.com that the fights were not started over sales merchandise, but were instead of a personal nature. An hour prior to the fight, officers responded to a call of shots fired outside of the mall near the Macy's parking lot.
Guntur: Have you ever heard of a match that has been won in just one ball?
It cited "limited infrastructure, lack of facilities, absence of human resource in coaching and training and dearth of funds" as "some of the challenges" faced by the NCA over the years.
Seth Meyers to host Golden Globe Awards 2018
"The Hollywood Foreign Press Association is excited to have Seth Meyers host the 75 Annual Golden Globe Awards ". The couple married at Martha's Vineyard in MA in September 2013.
Strangely, it's not the first time Nagaland women have been involved in an unusual match.
Paceman Ishant Sharma took two wickets including Karunaratne for 51 to hurt the visitors, who opted to bat first on a green Nagpur pitch. In 2016, four U-19 Nagaland players - Sedezalie, Nagaho Chishi, Puchu Dev and Tahmeed - played for the combined team of BCCI. Interestingly, Nagaland actually won a tournament, North-East-Bihar Under-19 trophy, to qualify for the Under-19 Super League.
Mitsubishi Materials shares plunge after fake data scandal
The company's automotive subsidiary, Mitsubishi Motors, admitted to cheating on fuel efficiency tests a year ago . Index heavyweigts rose, with SoftBank Corp9984.T gaining 1.4 percent and KDDI Corp9433.T advancing 2.6 percent.
- Nearly fifty percent of cancer in the United States related to lifestyle patterns
- Cavaliers' Derrick Rose (ankle) away from team, evaluating future in National Basketball Association
- Jack Maynard apologies for tweets in highly edited Youtube video
- President Trump to play golf with Tiger Woods, Dustin Johnson
- Mystery of 'water marks' on Mars FINALLY solved
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil edging closer to January transfer away from Arsenal
- Company Testing Feature To Save Tweets Privately — Bookmarks In Twitter
- CBS is blacked out on Dish Network days before Thanksgiving
- Budget 2017: stamp duty tax cut 'will drive up prices'
- Facebook will let users know if they liked Russian-linked election propaganda