Chandy, a three-time MLA of the NCP, had been inducted into the cabinet eight months ago following the resignation of A.K. Saseendran.
Several members of the ruling Left Democratic Front (LDF) have been demanding Chandy's resignation for some time. (The complaint, given by purportedly a journalist, was withdrawn and settled out of court recently.) Chandy, had become minister, even if he had a shadowy past rife with charges of allegedly siphoning of millions from the Indian School in Kuwait, run by the Indian community, in early 2000.
Bank of England reveals March 2018 cut-off date for paper £10 notes
However, old notes can still be spent ahead of the cut-off date, or exchanged at the Bank once this point has passed. As of October this year, 55% of the £10 notes in circulation were made from polymer, while 359 million were paper.
Alappuzha District Collector T V Anupama had recently submitted a report to the government, stating there was large scale violations of Kerala Land Conservation Act and Conservation of Paddy Land and Wetland Act. Chandy came to the Secretariat after calling on the chief minister at the Cliff House.
Responding to the High Court verdict, Chandy said Tuesday that he would quit if the observation against him is in the signed verdict of the High Court.
NCP leader TP Peethamabaran said the resignation letter has been handed over to Vijayan.
Apple reclaims lead in wearables market
Xiaomi and Fitbit sit in second and third, with 3.6 million and 3.5 million wearable bands respectively. Apple has retaken the top spot from Xiaomi to become the market leader for wearables on the wrist.
The NCP had also been asked to take a stand on it, he said.
The LDF seemed to bend over backwards to somehow accommodate the concerns of a troubled minister, a decision which toed the line of chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan. "They said they need to discuss the issue with their party national leadership", Vijayan told reporters after the weekly Cabinet meeting.
Chandrasekheran later told the media that they had clearly expressed the reason for not attending the meeting to the Chief Minister. But the leadership, with which Mr. Chandy, a businessman, enjoys considerable clout, remained in a catch 22 and sought to "convey the majority sentiments to the party's central leadership" for a final decision on the matter.
Saudi Arabia says it will reopen Yemen airports, seaports
But the United Nations said most of the airport remained intact and that it would be able to receive aid shipments once they restart.
Mr Vijayan took over as Chief Minister past year; two ministers have been forced to quit since then.
- Stretchy Stuffing Pants are Ideal Thanksgiving Trousers and a Fashion Nightmare
- Gwen Stefani Reveals Her Christmas Plans With Blake Shelton
- Salvation Army bell ringing kicks off
- Serena Williams makes post-pregnancy red carpet comeback in Versace
- After 'S Durga', 'Nude' director plans to move High Court
- Texas State University Halts Greek Life After Fraternity Pledge Dies
- 'For the future of Asia, humanity': PM Modi, President Trump bilateral meet
- Christian Eriksen is Going to the World Cup (Ireland vs Denmark)
- Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo named National League Manager of the Year
- Sessions defends DOJ, says Trump isn't influencing investigations